PDA

View Full Version : Newbie to the world of Transporters!

paul b
09-06-2008, 06:03 PM
Evening all

I am soon to be a new Veedubber for the first time. On the way is a 2004 54 VW T5 Transporter 1.9TDI SWB Van.

I am just after some tips/hints and advice about them. So does anybody know what mpg I can expect? Or any general advice or problems to look out for with the T5.

I've bought it for 5k with 103k miles. It has been bought from trade. However it is currently ablaze with warning lights, which they are supposed to be fixing, a condition on the sale. Another condition was they take away my awful 2000 Astra Estate! :p

It has a couple of knocks in the rear door, all of which I am confident I can sort out. But on the whole, it is in excellent condition. I am pleased.

I will post up some pictures once it has been delivered.

Paul

bora(ing) nick
09-06-2008, 07:21 PM
Evening all

I am soon to be a new Veedubber for the first time. On the way is a 2004 54 VW T5 Transporter 1.9TDI SWB Van.

I am just after some tips/hints and advice about them. So does anybody know what mpg I can expect? Or any general advice or problems to look out for with the T5.

I've bought it for 5k with 103k miles. It has been bought from trade. However it is currently ablaze with warning lights, which they are supposed to be fixing, a condition on the sale. Another condition was they take away my awful 2000 Astra Estate! :p

It has a couple of knocks in the rear door, all of which I am confident I can sort out. But on the whole, it is in excellent condition. I am pleased.

I will post up some pictures once it has been delivered.

Paul

Get it remapped :)

How do Paul / Chris.

Get some pics posted, and lets see if we can stick a spoiler on it:D

(ps, quick update:- My cars sorted ;) £200 inc parts :approve: )

paul b
09-06-2008, 11:33 PM
Get it remapped :)

How do Paul / Chris.

Get some pics posted, and lets see if we can stick a spoiler on it:D

(ps, quick update:- My cars sorted ;) £200 inc parts :approve: )
Haha, I keep saying to myself I want to remap the A6 and now the Transporter, noly wifey is worried by the 250 quid-per-vehicle cost of a remap. I was watching a spoiler on e-bay... only I forgot about it! :zx11:

(P.S. glad to hear your car is sorted, what did they replace in the end? Was it done at VW, thats cheap for them! :D)

Paul