PDA

View Full Version : A4 Avant Tdi 130

A4OBAN
09-06-2008, 04:58 PM
Hi all -

I have just purchased a 2002 Avant Tdi 130 from a used car dealer. I did not get a service history or owners manual with the car, the one previous owner had misplaced this (sounds dodgy I know, but the car checks out as being genuine and looks and drives like new) The price I paid reflected mileage and the lack of literature.

What I did get was a note stating that the last major service was carried out at 102,000 miles and the belt was changed at 83k (about 2 years ago)

What I'd like to know is, are/were these the correct intervals for service and cam belt?

Also is this a 'PD' engine, and if I'm going for shorter service intervals should I use the 505.01 oil?

I am planning to get the belt changed in the near future for my own peace of mind, anybody used 'A for Audi' in Glasgow?

Finally, any ideas where I could get an owners manual?

Very many thanks in advance for you help!!:biglaugh:

Tara
09-06-2008, 08:53 PM
Helloo,
Not 100% about the servicing but i was told at Audi that the cam belt was at 80k on this engine (hope this helps)

n_c
09-06-2008, 09:16 PM
I got a 53 plate 130Tdi last week with 130,000 on the clock and a full audi service history. The cam belt was done at 60,000 but not at 120,000. The service book says cam belts every 80,000 miles.

Although the computer says 7,000 miles to go until the next service, I'm getting the belt, tensioner and water pump done next week at our local independent audi garage (Autovolks, Carlisle) and the rest of the service when it's due.

I've seen owners' manuals etc. on eBay. They come in a leather-effect wallet to go in the slot under the steering wheel. Seem to go for about £20.

Cheers

Nigel

onzarob
09-06-2008, 10:01 PM
Audi changed all the cambelt timings to 60k or 4 years a couple of years ago, so the handbook will be wrong.

The 130 is a PD engine so you need to use PD specific oil, not sure of the number.

I got my handbook from ebay;)

Enjoy:D

n_c
09-06-2008, 10:46 PM
Thanks onzarod that explains the confusion. It's odd that Audi didn't change them at 120,000 but I'm glad I'm getting them done next week as it will be 70,000 miles on this cam belt. Last thing I need is the belt going. :o

Purplefast
18-06-2008, 10:37 PM
Audi changed all the cambelt timings to 60k or 4 years a couple of years ago, so the handbook will be wrong.

The 130 is a PD engine so you need to use PD specific oil, not sure of the number.

I got my handbook from ebay;)

Enjoy:D

I called my local Audi dealer today about this, as mine has now done 65k without a cambelt change....:yikes: They assured me that it isn't needed until 80K:banana:.

Not sure now!... :confused: They reckoned it was at 60K previously but was changed to 80K in 2004...?

Can anyone tell me if they definitely know for sure...:dunno:

onzarob
19-06-2008, 06:23 AM
I called my local Audi dealer today about this, as mine has now done 65k without a cambelt change....:yikes: They assured me that it isn't needed until 80K:banana:.

Not sure now!... :confused: They reckoned it was at 60K previously but was changed to 80K in 2004...?

Can anyone tell me if they definitely know for sure...:dunno:

I can assure you I didn't make it up, do a search there are hundred s of threads with
the same question. We also have qualified techs on here to confirm this.

I would get it done asap;)

thefreak
19-06-2008, 09:41 AM
If you want to check how genuine the mileage is, have a look here (http://www.motinfo.gov.uk/internet/jsp/ECHID-Internet-History-Request.jsp) and put your details in, that'll tell you if it's been clocked, I know 2 I previously looked at before buying my current one were