PDA

View Full Version : 2.0 tdi

tomjones333
06-01-2007, 04:45 PM
Bought a car from a back street dealer yesterday got it home last night but it seems to have developed a bad water leak possibly the head gasket gone. its a 2004 a3 2.0tdi. problems started on the way back first the airbag light came on them went off, then the windows would not work then worked fine ever since, now the water light comes on, checked the water and had to put a pint and a half of water in it today, now the car was sold with the garages three month waranty
(There own) as the garage is over 250 miles away would I have to take this car back to them to repair, the problem being that obviously due to the water leak it would not be a good idea, If so would I have to pay for the vehicle to be transported back to them, cant get hold of anyone there today but also would like to know where I stand before I speak to them. Forgot to add the cars out of warranty as its covered 69000 miles but does have a full audi service history

RickT
07-01-2007, 12:53 PM
The should not have gone yet....

Theres a hose at the back/bottom of the engine which fails on the 1.9TDI and the 2.0TDI.

You dont ever see the leak as the water drops into the plasctic under trays and makes its way to the middle/back of the car..

This hose costs about £20 max, you get to the hose from the bottom up tho...

You may be better taking the car in to be looked at... (best option is using a VW OR Skoda Garage, same parts - less labour costs...

Cheers

RicKT

Pitty the fool
10-01-2007, 02:16 AM
I hope you didnt spend too much on it? I just bought a 2004 2.0 TDI DSG and love it its so fast and smooth but i bought mine from main dealer with 22k on clock as im sick of buying older cars from back street dealers and the car messing up.

Does the engine appear to be making any noise? IE mechanical or anything other than standard?