PDA

View Full Version : Getting a Golf 1.8 T

Andyrg
06-04-2005, 09:21 PM
Hi guys im getting a mk4 Golf GTi 1.8 T 150bhp this next two weeks just waiting for the car to be preped and serviced etc etc.

Any advice that i shoudl look out for on the car..... im getting a two year warranty on it

Its red but im not 100% sure what shade or what its called...... its a 3 door and had the ricaro seats.......

Cheers

Andy :o

stuart
06-04-2005, 09:35 PM
Hi guys im getting a mk4 Golf GTi 1.8 T 150bhp this next two weeks just waiting for the car to be preped and serviced etc etc.

Any advice that i shoudl look out for on the car..... im getting a two year warranty on it

Its red but im not 100% sure what shade or what its called...... its a 3 door and had the ricaro seats.......

Cheers

Andy :o

Hi

First of all, welcome to the site, and thank you for joining;)

Nice choice of car, The 1.8T is a very reliable, and easily upgradeable engine, which will withstand a reasonable upgrade in power.

Very little can be classed as problems with the MK4 Golf, all i will say is make sure it has a good service history, and if it is a high milage vehicle, ensure the timing belt has been checked or replaced.

The only thingI would say are a "common" failt, are the electric window mechanisms, they are common for the plastic retaining clips that attach the glass to the mechanism to break. This did involve relplacing the complete unit, which werearound £60.00, but VW now do a modification kit, which I belive uses metal clips, which is around £30.00.

Other than that, enjoy your car;)

I hope this helps, and PLEASE do visit and use the site again.

Stuart

Andyrg
06-04-2005, 09:46 PM
the car has 31k on it its a 51 plate.

Ill be on here a lot mate i had a 1.6 16v megane coupe then a 2.0 16v clio 172 now i have a megane cabby 1.6 16v and now a reliably golf ;-) pictures when i pick it up in a few weeks,,,,,,,,,,

Andy

Thansk for the warm welcome

stuart
06-04-2005, 10:00 PM
No problem;)

I want this to be an excellent source of information for the VAG owner, I have a good technical chap that helps me out, and I have 20 years VAG parts experiance behind me.

All i need now is for all the members that join, to use the site, but with so many out there, it is a bit of a struggle at the moment.

Keep visiting, having invested in a new, more powerful server, more features are in the pipeline, like a live chat room, and Gallery.

Stuart