PDA

View Full Version : Advice needed SLK230K or S3

costa_k
06-06-2008, 11:59 AM
Hi everyone,I am new here,and some advice would be appreciated.We are looking to get a car up to £9k,either a Mercedes SLK 230 Kompressor (99 reg,32000 mls) or an S3 Quattro (210 BHP,01 reg 37000mls).I guess it's a bit unlikely that someone has owned both cars,yet any advice is appreciated.My hearts says the S3,since we've owned a Passat 20V turbo (150 BHP) without any problems,but my girlfriend is more keen on the SLK...

JDale
06-06-2008, 02:06 PM
Is this a car for both of you or just for your girlfriend??

Without trying to be cheeky or rude but i think that 99.9% of ppl on here would say the S3, also consider this...... if it is a car for both of you what would you feel that you would look/feel best in, again considering that you dont see many men driving around SLK's unless its the 55 AMG!!! The S3 IMHO looks far better than the Merc, is more spacious, will have a better interior AND you will BOTH look good driving it!!

I know that its no real comparison to the Merc (apart from being a small 2 seater) but my girlfriend has a new Tigra and i almost want to hide when im driving it (she seems to like being driven :mad:) when we go out in hers or when my last car was knackered and she let my use hers.

Go with your heart, your girlfriend will see that it is a better car(you hope :D), plus im sure the re-sale value will be better in the future seeing as it is not a normal A3 and the Merc isnt such a special edition.

Hope that helps in some way??!?!

SEMKY
06-06-2008, 09:03 PM
Could be totally biased here, but I have driven both, and I guarantee the S3 will bring a bigger smile to your face, and less damaging depreciation to your wallet!!
Hence why I have the S3, and LOVE it!

Cheers
Jim