PDA

View Full Version : Question Company Lease or Buying

mjb-a4
05-06-2008, 11:13 PM
Hi,

Now I'm just guessing, but are a large number of the drivers here driving company provided A4-B8 cars.

Tell your story here:

and me.........................................well yes I'm a company car man, and it's my second Audi and it's an A4.

I do have a large choice of company car, but tax and style and 'NEW' model means A4 is the way to go.

Why do you choose Audi A4-B8?

:D

christopher.bro
06-06-2008, 10:21 AM
Company car delivery scheduled for 20 July. Private Car is a BMW. Will be my first Audi.

Chris
B8 2.0TDi SE Multi

HighwayTG
06-06-2008, 06:04 PM
company car ... this will be my second Audi after the B7. I can also choose from just about any car (I have an allowance) and initialy decided upon the Mercedes c-class sport but it's interior let's it down badly, it just didn't feel special like the B8.

RichardCranium
06-06-2008, 08:13 PM
Mines a company car too. Picked it up today. Our choice of car has a few limitations to say the lease

European manufacturer
Must be White!
minimum 4 doors
No MPV's (a good thing)!
no 4 wheel drives
Max 2.0D engine

After all that, we dont get much to choose from. The reps get less choice. Mondeo, 407, Vectra etc. Most of them go for the Mondy TBH

I've had 2 VW's, a Laguna (argh), a Volvo S40, and now a B8.

Audi's, BM's, Volvo, Saab etc are for middle and senior management, with budgets available dependant on your level.

Its a right pain in the a... to choose a car and get it passed off

hoju99
06-06-2008, 09:04 PM
Mines a company car.....
Will be replacing a B7 S-Line but got a few options in the budget this time.I can pick what I like up to a certain budget and go for the TDI for the tax!

Samurai1466
07-06-2008, 07:17 PM
My new A4 is not a company car, so far it sounds like I'm in the minority.

;)

AndyE66
08-06-2008, 12:42 AM
My new A4 is not a company car, so far it sounds like I'm in the minority.

;)

Likewise;)

allya
08-06-2008, 08:06 PM
Hi, my new A4 which has a build week of week 25 is also a lease car - we have a maximum of £29k so i went for a 2.0 TDi SLine Saloon in Lave Grey, B&O, Interior Light Package, Sensors and Phone Prep Low - £270 a month..

mjb-a4
19-06-2008, 09:12 PM
I should of been around to check on this thread.

But the Audi A4 is a bit of a 'Rep Mobile'!

No 'Mondeos' here! :D

Intresting to hear of different companies car polices.

Due to my length of time with the company I can have most 'German Metal' but the tax is always to pay.

tomtom20
20-06-2008, 05:40 PM
Have to say I am part of the company car croud. I could have had a Mondeo, Honda Accord, BMW, Merc and many others but went for the Audi, there is something refinded about them from how they look to how they drive. You might not get all the 'toys' as some other makes but you get something that won't fall apart on you and the things you need not the toys you don't.

B6Andy101
20-06-2008, 08:43 PM
Another company car to add to the list. Currently driving an B6 A4 Avant with high mileage. Been so pleased with it gone for a B8 (roll on 1st September). The 2.0 TDi will be a massive hit with the lease companies, very reliable, top residuals, its not a BMW 3 series (sorry but you wouldn't would you, why would you want a touring with two bin sized wheel intrusions), and it looks meaner than ever. Drivers are going to be getting great mpg, even lower CO2 for tax purposes (good job I didn't order when it was released, getting the new engine with reduced CO2).

If i was buying personal, I would have gone for the 2.0T but with the company car could not face a fisting from the chancellor once a month.

mkc
20-06-2008, 10:55 PM
Company Car for me. The list is huge from my employer and had access to some A5s, A6, 5 Series and plenty of hot hatches Seat Cupra, A3 S3 and various GTis but with the A4 being a new model and having had a number of BMWs I fancied a change. Rear wheel drive is great but you get very little in the way of boot space as a result.

Took a look at the C Class merc but it came with oxygen in the cabin and that was it. Plus having to spend a lot just to get the "Sport AMG Pack" look, it was always going to come second to the Audi.

Tax is a killer but when you work it out if you bought it you would lose with depriciation anyway. Plus this way servicing, tax and insurance is all taken care of. Took no options as I only cover 6K a year and could not justify spending anymore than needed on toys.

Just annoyed with the amount of time I have to wait now. Took cash option for a year, so not allowed the car until 1st of August but now company will not register it until September to assist them when selling it on. Hopefully the S Line will not be too common by then!