PDA

View Full Version : Please Help VW Transporter in Portugal

diskwizz
05-06-2008, 05:51 PM
Hi folks. I took my van for a full service last month. New timing belt, cam belt, filters oil change etc.
I then took it for an MOT and it failed on the emmissions. I took it to VW dealer and they said I had a problem with "a pump" that sends air to the fuel to create the mixture. (means nothing to me sorry).
Anyway after they did somthing with that I was getting an extra 40 KM to the tank which was all fine n dandy. However went back for the inspection and it failed again. Problem is they dont tell you how much. Took it back to VW again and they did whatever they had to do and didn't charge me which was a bonus. Back to the MOT place and at last it passed after me sat revving te pants off it waititng for my turn.
Problem is that while all this has been going on the motor is acting a little wierd. If I floor the accelerator or just keep it steady I get a juddering/bunny hop kind of motion. Over here I can get by but not when it comes to telling mechanics all sorts of technical stuff. I was wondering if any of you guys/gals would have any idea what is casuing it. I could do with finding out pretty quick as I own an airport transfers company and it can get a bit embarrassing when i have customers sat in the back bobbing backwards and forwards...
Tends to be mainly at the 2-3000revs stage and is usually alright at the high end of the accelerator once I have built up speed.
Anybody? Pleeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeease

diskwizz
07-06-2008, 03:59 PM
Not a single budding mechanic out there?
Pls

liquidfreak
01-07-2008, 06:31 PM
Hey fella,

Can't really help you but I would suggest that you join www.brick-yard.co.uk/forum post the same question up in the T5 section and you may have some better luck, commercial owners seem to use that forum more than this one.

Best of luck.

P.s. I post under the same name on there.

t4olga
20-07-2008, 03:34 PM
hi there,
we had simalar problem with our t4 at itv last week in january past emissions no problem but last week failed with reading of 9.99 (off the scale) pass reading is 3.0 for deisel or 2.5 for turbo desel.

went to garage they adjusted pump and put oil saver in engine and said take it back to itv station failed again reading 4.7.

so back to garage adjusted pump again put more oil saver in engine and told us to drive back to itv station at high revs this time passed with reading 1.7

dont know if any of this helps but it appears they just screwed the max speed screw on the desel pump in.