PDA

View Full Version : No sound from rear speakers A4 avant

n_c
05-06-2008, 02:40 PM
I have a 53 REG A4 1.9tdI SE. It has a subwoofer and amp in the boot (driver's side behind a panel) but no sound comes out from either rear door speakers or the boot. Anyone got any ideas please? Thanks for any advice.

n_c
05-06-2008, 02:41 PM
Should have said it's an Avant. Sorry

Eclipse car Audio
06-06-2008, 08:36 AM
Is it the standard head unit mate or an aftermarket one

Sounds like the amp isn't turning on

n_c
06-06-2008, 06:44 PM
You're right. I had it into the auto electricians today and they say there has been some water ingress along the wiring harness and it's wrecked the amp. Never mind - new one comes on Monday. A bit more expensive to sort than I'd hoped but as long as they sort it!

I know about the well-documented water ingress in the passenger footwell destroying ECUs but I had never heard of the same thing in the Avant boot.

It's the standard head unit. I had thought I may have needed a new head unit so it could have been worse.

Thanks for replying :-)

n_c
01-08-2008, 08:17 PM
I was using the rear wash wipe the other day and a noise like thunder started coming from the boot. Water had dripped onto the amp. It didn't cause any damage but at least I know now where the water is coming from! Need to try and figure out which bit of pipe is broken.

By the way, does anyone know how to change a rear door speaker in an A4 avant B6? The driver's side rear door bass speaker seems to have packed in.

Thanks