PDA

View Full Version : running problems

bobby b
05-01-2007, 09:34 PM
Hi
Im after a bit of help with my 1995 a4 1.9tdi 90bhp the problems im having is that when driving say at 30mph it runs very rough as though its going to run out of fuel(very jerky and hesitant) once you accelarate it is alright but starts again once you get to a constant speed(doesnt have to be 30mph it could be 20 or 40mph) any help on dianosing this would be much appreciated.
Dont know if it will help but the car has just had a timing belt fitted and also a new diesel pump(i am unable to confirm if this fault was there before these were changed) but people say that it could be the pump timing i dont know could this be a possibility.
The car accelerates very well with no hesitation
One more thing i dont know if tjis a carataristic with these cars but when pressing the accelarator the first couple of mm the engine revs rise then about the next half inch of pedal travel nothing happens then abit more travel revs rise again also if you rev it to about 1600 revs you can feel the lumpyness it is in my opinion like a petrol car running on 3 spark plugs.
Sorry if this is a tad long but i have tried to give as much info as possible
and thank you for any responses