PDA

View Full Version : Engine Management light - codes: 17545 & 17705

sophdoel
05-06-2008, 01:28 PM
Hi

I have an Audi A3 - i have taken it to my local dealer and they plugged it into there computer. It cam eup with the below faults:

17705 P1297: Connection charger to throttle valve: pressure droppped

17545 P1137: Bank 1, Mixture Adaptation (add): system too rich.

They have told me it could be a pipe that has come loose, but then it could also be something else. I have it booked in next Friday to have it looked at but just for the hours labour its going to cost me £65.

Has anyone heard of this before? do you know what it could be and if its something simple that will save me booking it into them. I have a mechanic that can work on it but i want to try and find out what the problem is first to save money and time.

Also if you know what it is will i be ok to leave it for a few months or could i cause serious damage to the engine.

Please help!!!

Sophie:1zhelp::1zhelp::1zhelp:

revo_20vt
05-06-2008, 03:09 PM
Is it Turbo, and if it is have you fitted a dump valve to it.

sophdoel
08-07-2008, 09:30 AM
Hi

No i havent had one fitted. It is completly standard.

I had the light turned off about a month ago and it came back on last week. There is a tube under the engine cover thatis very soft compared to all the others & when you excelerate the car pulls back i didnt know if this is what was causing the problem.

Soph

dod1e
08-07-2008, 10:26 AM
Sorry but that appears a little confusing to me.

Do you mean that there is a pipe which becomes sucked flat like there is a vacuum inside it when the engine is revved?

Also, which engine model do you have?

vagtune
08-07-2008, 10:40 AM
Hi

No i havent had one fitted. It is completly standard.

I had the light turned off about a month ago and it came back on last week. There is a tube under the engine cover thatis very soft compared to all the others & when you excelerate the car pulls back i didnt know if this is what was causing the problem.

Soph

Hi Soph,

I think you are referring to the engine breather pipe on the end of the head, it goes from the camcover to the engine block. It is a 'Y' shaped piece. These always collapse and cause lights to come on.

Replace the hose and then clean the throttle body and reset it with the basic settings. 060 adaption number. Drive the car for a while and see how it goes, i'm pretty sure this should cure it.

Let me know how it goes.

Hope this helps

Regards

Lee @ VAGTUNE