PDA

View Full Version : Recommendations on tyres?

JDale
05-06-2008, 11:14 AM
Hi all,

About to change the tyres on mine in a month or so, just wondered what the best tyre combining grip, price, length of wear is from all of your experiences?:confused:

Currently running on Continental Contact 2's which have been pretty good, done at leat 15k in them and i still have a couple of mm tread to go before i should 'legally' change them so if all else fails i shall put the new contact 3's on as i hear they discontinued the 2's? Also, whats the real difference between the regular tread on tyres and the VTRED on the Goodyear models? Grip and wear any different??

Basically i need something that is going to be cost effective (wear and tear) seeing as i will prob change them every 6 months at this rate!! as well as something that wont let go half way round a corner!!

I know there was a thread relating to this elsewhere on the site but there didnt seem to be any real recomendations on what tyre's are good, more on where to get them. I've looked at www.blackcircles.co.uk (http://www.blackcircles.co.uk) and www.etyres.com (http://www.etyres.com) and both are cracking sites, blackcircles being my favorite!:biglaugh:

Thanks guys!!!

sdk778
05-06-2008, 08:01 PM
I know this may sound like a cheap way out but i would highly recommend the Marshal tyres, i have a pair of 225-45-17 on the front of my A3 and after trying so many different brands over the last 9 years and 120,000 miles i can honestly say that bang for buck these are superb. This is my opinion only mind, so follow your instinct, but a pair fitted and balanced for £130 can't be bad, great tread pattern and they seem just as good, if not better than the Michelins i had fitted the time before.

Good luck with whatever you choose.
:beerchug:

prolfe
06-06-2008, 08:31 AM
Type in Tyre Recommendations and you'll see 100's of posts. It's been covered quite a lot.

You already know the two most popular sites.

I have had Sport Maxx's, Potenza's, SP9090's and the best of the bunch:

For Wear: SportMaxx
For Wet and Dry Grip: Potenza's but they were appalling for wear

I will be putting Sport Contacts on next time if the SportMaxx's don't last.

JDale
06-06-2008, 02:08 PM
Thanks for the replies, much appreciated!!!:biglaugh:

prolfe
06-06-2008, 04:41 PM
Thanks for the replies, much appreciated!!!:biglaugh:

No problem

:beerchug: