PDA

View Full Version : Alarm woes!

quattro2000
05-01-2007, 08:18 PM
Hi everyone, new guy here, after some kind of info or help with a recent problem. Have a 2000 A3 quattro, which has just started beeping at random times, not the full alarm ( No horn or flashing lights) just beeping, and I've changed the keyfob batteries, tried locking it with just the key, and so far, no luck! Could really do with some ideas before my neighbours lynch me! Thanks, Daz

daniel graham
26-03-2007, 12:24 PM
Hi there, I was wondering the same thing. I have a 2.0tdi a3 '03' plate and am having exactly the same problem, although mine does have the flashing lights and horn. There is no reason for this to happen and it seems to be very intermittent, often going off in the middle of the night. I have sent a written complaint to Audi and have had it looked at by a dealer but they have not said there is a fault. It is driving me and the neighbours nuts. It doesn't seem to be an isolated case as there are other topics here which seem to mention similar problems.

guyg
26-03-2007, 10:25 PM
I had a similar problem to Daz - nothing I did with the rest of the alarm system made any difference until I removed a very soggy [but still annoyingly loud] sounder...

http://www.vwaudiforum.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=6451

Still haven't decided if I should fit a new one as my neighbours and I are enjoying the peace and quiet!

Cheers

Guy