PDA

View Full Version : 20 tdi tuning

jkh112
04-06-2008, 08:12 PM
I have had my 20 tdi s-line on order for a while now, so am looking forward to driving it soon.
One of the things I would like to do is tune the engine. I previously had an older a4 with a remap taking the 140 bhp up to around 170 bhp and was very pleased, but as it was an older car it never went to the audi dealers for servicing.
I am worried that if i get the remap done on the new s-line then an audi dealer may upload a new map at service time and over write it, or worse spot that the car has had a remap and cause problems with the warranty.

Has anyone had any experience of taking a remapped audi to the main dealers for servicing and if so did they notice, or over write the remap?

a8 tech
04-06-2008, 08:32 PM
As long as you notify the dealers deceptionists prior to workshop visit there should be no issue.

The technician has the option to bypass the servers request to carry out a comparison test and you have the right to decline any workshop action campaigns (recalls).

There is already some wac active including egr valve replacement.

jkh112
04-06-2008, 08:41 PM
As I don't really want the remap to be known by the dealer (company car!) perhaps I would be better off with a tuning box. Anybody got any good or bad experiences with these?

a8 tech
04-06-2008, 08:46 PM
remaps are difficult to detect

dod1e
05-06-2008, 08:18 AM
I had a tuning box from dragon performance for a good while, it was very effective and did exactly what they claimed except with fuel consumption.

It didnt cause the car to use more fuel and probably improved economy slightly, but the fuel consumption readouts on the dash became inaccurate, giving average of 57 when actually more like 52mpg.

This makes sense considering the way it works by intercepting the fueling signals to the injectors and modifying them so more fuel is being fed into the car than the ECU thinks.

This means that although you may get fuel savings, they are nowhere near those claimed by the manufacturers or as displayed on the dash.

I have since changed to a bluefin from superchips as I didnt like having the obviously visible box under the bonnet. Similar improvements, maybe not so savage at 1800ish when the turbo kicks in but pulls through a little better at higher revs with bluefin, and fuel use readings are accurate.

Ive still got the digital box sitting around somewhere, which i'd be willing to sell for a good price if anyone is interested. I've got the 04 plate 140 bhp golf, so should work with any car with the same engine, although i dont know about the compatibility with audis or newer models.

Dod

droom
22-02-2009, 10:13 AM
I had a tuning box from dragon performance for a good while, it was very effective and did exactly what they claimed except with fuel consumption.

It didnt cause the car to use more fuel and probably improved economy slightly, but the fuel consumption readouts on the dash became inaccurate, giving average of 57 when actually more like 52mpg.

This makes sense considering the way it works by intercepting the fueling signals to the injectors and modifying them so more fuel is being fed into the car than the ECU thinks.

This means that although you may get fuel savings, they are nowhere near those claimed by the manufacturers or as displayed on the dash.

I have since changed to a bluefin from superchips as I didnt like having the obviously visible box under the bonnet. Similar improvements, maybe not so savage at 1800ish when the turbo kicks in but pulls through a little better at higher revs with bluefin, and fuel use readings are accurate.

Ive still got the digital box sitting around somewhere, which i'd be willing to sell for a good price if anyone is interested. I've got the 04 plate 140 bhp golf, so should work with any car with the same engine, although i dont know about the compatibility with audis or newer models.

Dod
Hi Dod
Is the tuning box still for sale?

jakerade
22-02-2009, 02:27 PM
I see they now do a superchip for the 143 but not a bluefin yet

Aptuning
22-02-2009, 03:38 PM
Firstly stick with a PROPER remap even if it's a handhelp device like blufin or a ChippedUK ST3 handset that I can supply. As already said with the add on tuning devices they do intercept the fuel readings and so on which are NOT the proper way of doing things. If you have the proper job then all correct maps within the ECU are altered. It is very difficult for dealers to know if a car has been remapped but if they did detect it and reset the ecu without your knowing, then the company that put the remap on usually will just re-flash again at a nominal charge. It all depends on where you live as what company you want to use. Should you ever have any problems you don't want to be travelling for hours to the company to get things sorted. :D

dod1e
24-02-2009, 12:34 PM
Hi Dod
Is the tuning box still for sale?

Yes it is, if you are still interested PM me, then give me a few days to find the box etc and I can take some pics to send you if you want.

droom
24-02-2009, 12:54 PM
Yes it is, if you are still interested PM me, then give me a few days to find the box etc and I can take some pics to send you if you want.
Yes thanks. I'm interested. I'd like to see some pictures.
What's the make of the box?
Cheers

motechmike
24-02-2009, 04:40 PM
Speak to ur dealer ship.. They might even sell re-maps..

We offer all our customer's free upgarde.. So if they have done an update on your car they we re-do the re-map for you foc.. Not put the old one back on. we start again with a new map...

Thanks Mike

A1exp
02-03-2009, 11:13 AM
Firstly stick with a PROPER remap even if it's a handhelp device like blufin or a ChippedUK ST3 handset that I can supply. As already said with the add on tuning devices they do intercept the fuel readings and so on which are NOT the proper way of doing things. If you have the proper job then all correct maps within the ECU are altered. It is very difficult for dealers to know if a car has been remapped but if they did detect it and reset the ecu without your knowing, then the company that put the remap on usually will just re-flash again at a nominal charge. It all depends on where you live as what company you want to use. Should you ever have any problems you don't want to be travelling for hours to the company to get things sorted. :D

Does the ST3 work with the B8 2.0TDi 143?

How much will an ST3 set me back?

Any difference between the ST3 and bluefin (which I'm not sure is available yet?)?

Aptuning
02-03-2009, 10:33 PM
Does the ST3 work with the B8 2.0TDi 143?

How much will an ST3 set me back?

Any difference between the ST3 and bluefin (which I'm not sure is available yet?)?

Hi there and sorry for the late response just had a hectic day. Anyway I have checked and found that the ST3 is not available for your car at present, So the only option for you is a nasty blackbox tuning/tricking device or a proper remap. If you are interested in a remap for your car then please call me for a booking