PDA

View Full Version : Please Help New Member with Broken A4 Quattro

gez2312
04-06-2008, 12:11 AM
Hi peeps ! Hoping that maybe one of you guys can spread some light on my subject!
I've just bought an Audi A4 1.8 Quattro turbo (petrol)- it has the AVJ engine fitted , only thing is it has a con rod through the block ! (ouch!) And at only 65,000 miles ! Ive been trying to find a replacement engine for it, but there seems to be so many 1.8 20v turbo engines out there all with different engine codes ! I'm just lost in a world of 1.8 turbos !!!!!! Ive been told by some people that only the AVJ engine will work , but others say try one from Golf, Audi TT, A3 or A6 , Thing is these engines are so expensive (Another ouch!) that i dont want to waste time and money buying and fitting an engine that wont run in my car !
Any help / advice will be greatfully recieved, I know one of you guys knows the answer to my problem ! Also if anyone knows where to get one from that would help too !!!
Please help me !!!!! I love the look of the Audi but at the moment arent to impressed with it , dont want to hate Audis forever !!!!!

Many thanks in advance !

Gez - Distressed Audi Owner !! lol

RickT
28-06-2008, 01:37 AM
Hello and Welcome to the forum!!

Please post any questions in the sections within the forum

Rick