PDA

View Full Version : Which Multichanger

multiplexor
03-06-2008, 09:09 PM
Hi,
i have got a concert radio (single DIN) in an Audi a4. I would like to fit a multichanger into the glove box. Can anybody tell me which multichangers are compatible and which cables/brackets i would need.
Thankyou in advance
Mike:confused:

mas
05-06-2008, 11:26 AM
I think you need to say more about what you have. How old is it?

I understand that the blaupunkt concerts only work with the official audi multichanger - which is why they still fetch near £100 on ebay. Do you have a cable to the compartment in the boot?

multiplexor
05-06-2008, 01:25 PM
Hi,

The Audi is a 2006(56) model. I haven't checked for the cable in the boot as i would like to fit the changer in the slot that is in the glovebox.

Thanks

mas
05-06-2008, 03:20 PM
OK,

sorry I don't know about the newer ones. On the older cars there is a frame in a compartment in the boot pre wired for the CD multichanger.

I would find out exactly what the head unit is - maybe pop it out and check the labels or wait for someone with more idea than me to come along and tell you.
Audi buy in from various makers and it will depend on what the unit is as to which changers you can easily use.
may be limited to a 6 disk one just by physical space of course.

Issac Hunt
05-06-2008, 03:36 PM
You'll need the official Audi CD changer - this should come with a cable. You can get it seperately if you dont.

If you want to fit it into the glovebox then you need a new glovebox to do the job properly. Otherwise you'll have to cut out the rear of your original glovebox and fabrciate something to retain the CD changer.

multiplexor
05-06-2008, 03:46 PM
Thanks Isaac.
The Glovebox already has an area at the top which looks ready to take an autochanger. There are some push out shapes at the back of the glovebox to accommodate the wiring. I have seen a model on e-bay (part no. 8E0035111) which looks right, but didn't want to part with my cash until i could confirm that it would work....
Cheers
Mike