PDA

View Full Version : Question Delivery time after build date?

LE05 AUD
02-06-2008, 04:20 PM
Hi Guys

Can anyone give me the rough time it took them to take delivery of an S-Line after the build date?

I have been given a build date of week 24, which is next week. Any information greatly accepted. :biglaugh:

Leo

allya
02-06-2008, 07:00 PM
Hi, I have a build date of week 25 and my dealer has scheduled delivery to me during the first week in July - fingers crossed as i have been waiting since the last week in March..... What are you getting? I have a Lava Grey, 2.0TDI, B&O, Phone Prep Low and Interior Light Package...

LE05 AUD
02-06-2008, 08:03 PM
Hi
Thanks for that i am getting a Red 3.0Tdi Quattro with Sat Nav, B&O, 19" Alloys, Interior Light pack, Alcantara, Cruise, Phone prep low, parking sensors, hill hold and tyre pressure monitor!

Should be great!

Leo

B6Andy101
02-06-2008, 08:56 PM
Be sure to get some photos up allya.......its gonna look like mine but you're ahead of me in the queue !!

allya
02-06-2008, 09:13 PM
I certainly will Andy, though I have a lot less extras on mine than yours... so I'll be the jealous one when you get it... Mine is a company car and I reached my budget with the spec as is, your car sounds awesome...

HighwayTG
02-06-2008, 09:29 PM
My car is in for build week 23 (this week) but the dealer has said early July for delivery ... I'm hoping they just say that so not to dissapoint if the date slips.

Allya, based on your delivery date, I may get my car last week in June .

Sheroo
09-06-2008, 05:04 PM
LE05 AUD, did you get a delivery date ? I've been advised a build date of Week 24 but no indication of when I will get the car yet.

RichardCranium
09-06-2008, 07:12 PM
mine was 9 weeks for an SE spec. they gave me a provsional date of 3rd week june. It actually arrived at the dealer on 2nd June, and i got it 6th

Sheroo
09-06-2008, 09:18 PM
Nine weeks ! I was advised I would get the car end June, early July for build week 24.

Oh well, the wait goes on.......

digigriffin
10-06-2008, 12:43 PM
I was told that delivery would be up to 2 weeks after the end of the build week.

The two weeks covered the shipping and the dealer preparation of the car.
the dealer would turn the car round themselves in 48hrs.

In my case assuming the build week finished on a the Friday, I got mine exactly two weeks later as previously quoted by the dealer.

IMHO after the build week the car is in the grey area of shipping.
The dealer at this stage cannot confirm delivery until they are informed that the car has been loaded onto the dockside and they are then told when it will be delivered to them.

So end of build week +2 weeks was spot on for me.

billp2
10-06-2008, 03:20 PM
Got phone call from dealer today that build start on my s-line was this week and could be here for first week in july :biglaugh: was originally told 7th Aug.

well happy