PDA

View Full Version : 97 audiA6 quattro entry remote control out of order..

audo
04-01-2007, 09:51 PM
Happy new year to all on this site,
The keyfab remote gone out of order. I had to open and lock the car door with the key. When I lock the car with the key, the beep sound still work. does anyone know how to approach this problem?

Thanks a lot.

adamss24
04-01-2007, 10:30 PM
Go to the car, point the keyfob towards the pillar's infrared receiver(look for the protrusion on the door pillar on each side if its earlier model) press the lock button on the remote and manually lock the door with the key. The remote should be now syncronised with the fob. Repeat if unsuccesfull but suggest fitting fresh batteries first !

audo
08-01-2007, 08:14 PM
adamss24,
i did what you suggested but still there was no response from the car after I synced the keyfob and the receiver in the pillar... anyone knows please kindly advise...thanks

adamss24
08-01-2007, 08:47 PM
DID YOU PUT NEW BATTERYES IN THE KEYFOB ? iF YES, CHECK FOR BLOWN FUSES.

audo
19-02-2007, 11:03 PM
adamss24, I checked the batteries and they were good and fuses weren't blown either. I then did some research and found that I actually needed two keys, one in ignition and one being used to lock the door externally.wait for over 10secs and lock and unlock to reprogram the keyfobs...etc..and I followed the reprograming sequence. etc and finally it worked...

Thanks for the effort. Cheers.

seanmckenna
04-01-2008, 03:49 PM
Hi and Happy New Year !!
I saw from your post that you had a similar problem to the one I am now experiencing.
Neither keys (one of which is unused) on my 2001 A6 will remotely unlock or lock the car.
Could you send me some detailed instructions as to how you fixed it ?
I have tried pressing lock button whilst placing key in lock and turning but no cigar.

thanks in advance for any help you can offer.
Ta