PDA

View Full Version : Vw Fox Rear Bumper Damage

routemaster
01-06-2008, 07:37 PM
The only visible signs of damage to my 2006 model Fox rear bumper after a low speed but "loud and heavy" collision are scratches and abrasions ... but the Peugeot which hit me had considerable front end damage. I have been advised by my neighbour who suffered a similar collision in his Passat that all VW bumpers have shock absorbing foam built into the bumpers which minimizes damage ... but which disintegrates on impact. I have traced some information about this as regards front bumpers ... but cannot find information about rear bumpers. The damage is being assessed by a body shop shortly for insurance claim purposes but I need some "facts" so that if necessary I can claim a new bumper rather than just having the abrasions repaired. Can anyone confirm that in a heavy collision, the rear bumper internals would have collapsed necessitating complete bumper replacement to provide "as new" protection?

Thanks

dunk

colb666
01-06-2008, 09:55 PM
Your guy is giving you the right info mate,the bumper may look ok on the outside but underneath is a different story