PDA

View Full Version : Is the Autoglym package worth it and some other Qs!

allya
01-06-2008, 06:33 PM
Hi - this is my first post as I only joined yesterday... I haves new 2.0 tdi s-line in lava grey, B&O, phone prep low and thanks to this site the interior light package. My car was ordered on 7th April and my excellent dealer in Perth informed me yesterday that my car has been allocated a build date in week 25! Can't wait... I have a few Qs and wonder if someone can help:
1)has anyone had the autoglym interior and exterior treatment applied by their dealer and if so was it worth it?
2)has anyone fitted mudflaps to their car, I have always had them on previous cars but have read some negative comments on the impact they have on the lines of the car?
3)is there a boot spoiler available for the B8?
Thanks in advance for all your advice....

mkc
01-06-2008, 07:09 PM
Although I have no idea what the dealer Autoglym package is, as a rule their products are pretty poor if you are serious about looking after your motor. Take a look at www.cleanyourcar.co.uk (http://www.cleanyourcar.co.uk) and products by Zaino,Chemical Guys, Sonus, Chemical Guys and PoorBoys.

The products are worth the extra and will keep your motor looking new with a bit of elbow grease!

Samurai1466
21-06-2008, 11:30 PM
Although I have no idea what the dealer Autoglym package is, as a rule their products are pretty poor if you are serious about looking after your motor!

Not sure what you mean as I applied Autoglym's High Definition wax to my car today, it's a quality £30 wax and is highly thought of.

Plife
22-06-2008, 12:18 AM
I personally would not bother with the autoglym package. How much are they asking for it?

I believe the exterior package is supposed to make it so you don't need to wax your car. Save your money and buy some decent products! I bet you end up waxing it anyway even if you buy the autoglym package!!

digigriffin
22-06-2008, 04:58 PM
I had the autoglym lifeshine treatment applied by my dealer prior to delivery.

The cost was £199 +vat which was after a bit of a haggle with the dealer.

I am not sure what I expected from this package.

The car was delivered clean and polished, well wouldn't it be anyway?

I think the interior treatment for the leather and carpets etc which must be something like scotchguard, must be worth having if you have kids.
The extra protection for the paintwork how good can that really be?

You get a heap of products in a carry case.
I promptly found that some products I wanted were not in the pack.
So when online and spent another £50 on more stuff.

I must admit since the new arrival I can't clean it often enough.
This has re-kindled in me the sort of car cleaning pride that I have not had since my teenage years (a couple of decades ago).

I spoke to friends who have had the autoglym treatment applied and it was on their recommendation that I opted for it.

So all in all I am not dissapointed but not sure what I expected.

Satch
22-06-2008, 05:50 PM
Mudflaps ,No