PDA

View Full Version : 1.9 t28

vw scoo
04-01-2007, 08:18 PM
hi guys,
nice forum lots of intresting info, My prevoius car was a 1990 mkII golf 16v and since then i have always taken an interest in the vw scene, but mainly my love is the mkII completly standard (only to look at mind:D ) small bumper version.

anyway so i was chuffed to receive a T28 transporter as a works van, i find it good to drive (exept for the awful blind spot in the mirrors) and it's the only works van i have ever taken pride in.

but iv'e also drove a T32 which is still a 1.9 td(i?) but instead of my 86bhp it has 104 and is like s*@t of a shovel in comparison, so finally here's my question, is a remap the only differance?
if so, is this just a chip that can be swapped from one to the other or even wipe the T28 one and copy the info over?(can this be done?)
OR even better if any of you are a VW mechanic and fancy making a few bob on the side to help me achieve my 104 goal that would be great.

i know about the tuning boxes on ebay and arnt interested in them.

MAINLY cos it's a works van i cannot be spending money on a well lane remap. basically (been from yorkshire) i'm looking for a cheap way of doing it, is this achievable. i only want to go to 104, no more incase the boss finds out:biglaugh:

cheers for any help guys

SkodiRS
05-01-2007, 10:00 AM
If the map is all thats different then you could probably swap over the ECUs. However you would have to get round potential ECU linking issues e.g. immobiliser, ECU linked to specific engine etc.

Maybe eventually cost you more than a tuning box.:(

Devonutopia knows more about this as he's done an ECU swap previously.

vw scoo
05-01-2007, 05:55 PM
good point mate never thought about immobs and such like, i still feel the way forward is to get it done by a vw mech on the side. i know vw offciailly offer this upgrade but it will be an arm and a leg + the boss will find out:Blush: