PDA

View Full Version : 1990 Passat GT 1.8 won't start

robbarlow
30-05-2008, 08:42 PM
Hi guys,
My 1990 Passat GT now won't start. I was working on the electrics, checking fuses and circuits etc, because I had an intermittent fault with the wipers and heaters, and now the care won't start.
Having trouble finding the problem; engine turns over, fises OK, good spark, fuel pump pressurises the system, if I put a few ml of petrol into the air intake and turn it over it will run for a few seconds, to confirm the problem is petrol ie injectors doing nothing.
Replaced the ECU cos I wondered if I had messed that up somehow, and still the same.
Any ideas?
Thanks
Rob

Crasher
30-05-2008, 08:54 PM
Did you drop down the fuse box out of the carrier? Did you remove relay 3?

robbarlow
30-05-2008, 09:18 PM
Hi crasher,
yes and yes...

Crasher
31-05-2008, 12:30 AM
Bear with me here, I am going from memory as the wiring diagram for this is at work. There is a large gauge red wire bridge with red plugs between 30 and Z1 on the back of the fuse board, bottom right hand side looking from the front, check one side has not come off. From what you are describing, you have no power feed to the injectors. Check that there is power at the injector plug.

robbarlow
31-05-2008, 01:38 PM
Crasher you are a gem!
Spotted the bridge wire and your guidance as to where to look to connect it worked first time!
Bonus is that the heater and wipers are working too... so after much angxt the car is going again..
Thanks again
Rob:beerchug: