PDA

View Full Version : Question Chipping

stewartt997
30-05-2008, 11:19 AM
I wondered if anyone had experience of chipping the new B8?

I have ordered a 3.0 TDI avant which hopefully will arrive end of July and would be potentially interested in performance improvements provided this can be done in a way that is unlikely to invalidate the warranty.

I appreciate that any changes to the car will affect the warranty but am aware that some chipping techniques vcan remain invisible to Audi technicians. Any advice on what enhancements can be achieved and whether this can be kept hidden would be appreciated.

stewartt997
12-06-2008, 12:40 PM
I can't believe that no-one had any ideas about this question so I'm going to attempt it vain to ask again!?

Plife
12-06-2008, 05:44 PM
I think actual chipping will be visable. I think you are after an emgine remap. I'd look at superchip's bluefin product. I believe the 3.0TDI is a new engine so don't think they have anything available yet. Give them a call and see if they have any plans. The product for the previous 3.0 took power up by 48bhp.

I had this on a previous car and it was awesome. Just plug the unit in and change the map. Time for a service - no problem just plug it in and put the original map back :biglaugh:

stewartt997
12-06-2008, 06:30 PM
Thanks Plife - That was exactly what I have been looking for - now just need to wait for them to have a solution for the new engine!

DobarDabar
18-06-2008, 05:56 PM
Hi,

Chipping - its actually ECU (engine controlling unit) tunning by uploading new engine curves based on turbo indicators. It is already possible by ABT tunning. You can choose two versions 282 hp with 550Nm, or 310 hp with 600 Nm. Here is the link:

http://www.abt-sportsline.de/en/tuning/shop/Audi-A4-8K-Motortechnik_358_357_3/produkt/ABT-engine-tuning-1884/

Hope this helps,
Regards

tomo28
18-06-2008, 06:46 PM
great thanks for the info. are there any other recommended tuners ? Im in sussex if you happen to know any that way ?

DobarDabar
18-06-2008, 06:52 PM
Well, I think that ABT is one of the greatest tunners because they are in close relationship with Audi, and they give warranty. You can also check REVO technik tunning. They are from USA, but I think that they have partners in UK. Im from Croatia though :). I would like to take REVO because they have device that enables you to switch preffered tunning and even protect your car from stealing.

stewartt997
19-06-2008, 03:33 PM
I have another questions chaps! My car will be coming with drive select which presumably alters the mapping of the engine when you choose whether you want dynamic / comfort mode. Will re-maps be able to work alongside this, or does this outrule any modifications? Thanks. Stewart

DobarDabar
19-06-2008, 03:36 PM
Hi,

I think that drive select does not alter engine perfomance. It alters steering, suspension and maybe gearbox if you have multitronic.