PDA

View Full Version : Question Has anyone taken delivery of the S-Line in the UK

AUDI-NUT
29-05-2008, 04:34 PM
Anyone out there been fortunate enough to take delvery of an S-Line here in the UK?

My Audi dealer assures me that no S-Lines have even been built for the UK market yet!! I have seen that a number of people on this forum stating they have collected their S-Line but not sure if they are UK based.....

If you have taken delivery I would love to see a picture. I ordered mine ages ago and have been told I have a mid June build date so I am just wondering why I have had to wait so long when others have their car...?

kevspi
29-05-2008, 04:40 PM
http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=W4rpS3CUwW0

AZMotorspares put this on earlier. Loads of UK ones landing now.

HotChip
29-05-2008, 04:54 PM
I'm in Scotland and my bad boy arrived last Friday. Pics will be posted at weekend.

Sounds like the dealer is pulling your plonker.

steve1234
29-05-2008, 05:04 PM
I picked mine up from Brighton Audi on the 12th May, it had been there a week and a half at that point as well as I was abroad!!

Satch
29-05-2008, 07:22 PM
See two now.

HODG
29-05-2008, 11:39 PM
picking mine up tomorrow (friday) !!!! its the first one to come to my dealership, came quicker than they told me !

RickT
30-05-2008, 01:10 AM
Hi,

Theres around 250 s-lines in the Uk on the road at least now as a contact has advised..

And around 2k in the process of been made for the next 3 months..

Rick

mkc
30-05-2008, 08:22 AM
My dealer said they did have some problems with manufacturing to begin with but they are almost at full capacity he said. As you can see a lucky few have theirs already and hopefully ours are in that 2000 being built in the next few months..........

AUDI-NUT
30-05-2008, 02:03 PM
My dealer said they did have some problems with manufacturing to begin with but they are almost at full capacity he said. As you can see a lucky few have theirs already and hopefully ours are in that 2000 being built in the next few months..........

I bloody hope so - I put down my deposit in November last year!!!

mkc
30-05-2008, 02:10 PM
Knowing the Germans Im sure they will be on time if not before schedule.......... Im hoping that mine is delayed until September now so its a 58 plate but at the moment they claim it will be towards the end of August. However, Arval may not want to register the car that late in August so they may register it in Septmebr to ensure its a 58 reg to help them with their resale value.

AUDI-NUT
30-05-2008, 02:16 PM
picking mine up tomorrow (friday) !!!! its the first one to come to my dealership, came quicker than they told me !

Please can you put some pic's on this forum once you have the car, it would be appreciated by all of us........

Julian.P
30-05-2008, 04:07 PM
Hodge can you let me know if your s-line has come with the s-line suspension and the 19" wheels.

Cheers, J

cl0nd0n
31-05-2008, 07:40 AM
Picked mine up yesterday! F*****G amazing! Very pleased!

Anyway am on a detailing session today to remove all the transport wax etc!

Will post up later!

HODG
31-05-2008, 11:12 AM
julian, yes mate 30mm drop and 19's - looks awesome !!! picked it up yesterday, while i was at the dealers doing the hand over , all the customers walking round were stopping having a good gawp at it, it was the first one at the dealers aparantly , you will be pleases with the wheels, they really suit the car ! the ride is nice too , not too stiff !
the led drl's are cool, they really stand out , was driving round as the the sun was setting yesterday and they really stand out !!

Julian.P
31-05-2008, 03:11 PM
Hodge I am so pleased for you, that is really cool that your car came with the 30mm suspension and the 19" wheels that will mean my will come the same as yours. Can you please post some pics!? Enjoy your car all the best, julian

Gaffa
31-05-2008, 03:13 PM
We have about 3/4 people who have an S line A4 but still no pics. Come on people, start posting pictures!

(Btw these pics are not my car. Its someone's A4 from I think audisport.net or something like that)

HighwayTG
31-05-2008, 06:24 PM
Hodg,

great to hear about your 19''wheeks and 30mm drop ... I just hope mine comes like that as well ... only 4 weeks to go for me.

HODG
01-06-2008, 11:23 AM
ok, my computer is giving me all sorts of grief here but i've put some pics up, it wont let me put them on to this thread but if you click on my profile i have created an album on there with 5 pics of my new S-Line on it , have a look .:biglaugh:

AUDI-NUT
01-06-2008, 03:18 PM
ok, my computer is giving me all sorts of grief here but i've put some pics up, it wont let me put them on to this thread but if you click on my profile i have created an album on there with 5 pics of my new S-Line on it , have a look .:biglaugh:

Looks the nuts.........is that the Ice Silver?

LE05 AUD
01-06-2008, 05:25 PM
Hi Guys,

Just to keep you informed on the S-Line suspension 30mm drop and 19" wheels.

I have a family member who has ordered my A4 S-Line and the computer spits you out if you try and order 19" wheels and the 30mm suspension drop!

What you get is a suspension drop of 20mm if you order an S-Line with an option to increase that to 30mm at no extra cost, but that is not applied if you have 19" wheels selected for the car.

I have heard of some ******** just saying you can have the 30mm drop as they are not totally up to speed.

Hope this helps?

Leo

Soon to be A4 S-Line owner :beerchug:

HODG
02-06-2008, 12:45 AM
yeah mate its Ice Silver , wanted Monza Silver but couldnt be ***** waiting !! , pleased with the colour , got a nice deep shine to it when its sunny ( so it will probably shine about twice a year then !!!)

HighwayTG
02-06-2008, 08:22 AM
yeah mate its Ice Silver , wanted Monza Silver but couldnt be ***** waiting !! , pleased with the colour , got a nice deep shine to it when its sunny ( so it will probably shine about twice a year then !!!)

I'm glad you you like the colour, like you I wanted the Monza Silver but couldn't delay the car any longer.

btw .. do you find Ice Silver to be slightly differant from the B7 silver, the dealer said it is was ?

HODG
02-06-2008, 12:02 PM
yeah it is , its a darker silver and a bit more metallic if that makes any sense??? when i picked my car up it was parked between a silver B7 and a silver TT and it looken nothing like the same colour,
to be honest i didnt want to go with silver as theres loads of silver cars about but this Ice Silver does look great and i'm glad i did now, i normally order grey/silver, my last car was Avus silver which was great , they dont do that anymore :(, my old man has got a B7 S-line avant in quartz grey so didnt want the same as that . all in all , good colour, especially with the wheels really sets it off !

AUDI-NUT
02-06-2008, 12:17 PM
yeah it is , its a darker silver and a bit more metallic if that makes any sense??? when i picked my car up it was parked between a silver B7 and a silver TT and it looken nothing like the same colour,
to be honest i didnt want to go with silver as theres loads of silver cars about but this Ice Silver does look great and i'm glad i did now, i normally order grey/silver, my last car was Avus silver which was great , they dont do that anymore :(, my old man has got a B7 S-line avant in quartz grey so didnt want the same as that . all in all , good colour, especially with the wheels really sets it off !

I went for Ice Silver too and very pleased I did now. Looks very smart and at least we wont have to worry about cleaning it every day unlike the black and white owners!!!.

Devlish
02-06-2008, 12:57 PM
I was lurking around Audis pages when i suddenly see that the 19" 7 double spoke s-line rims is 8,5J but the A5 ones are 9J, so I was wondering if the wheels are the same 255/35 R 19 that is the size of the ones at the A5 at least

Samurai1466
03-06-2008, 02:26 PM
My A4 arrived at the local Audi dealer today! After I collect it later this week (hopefully), I'll post some photos when weather permits. I know there's a number of people here looking forward to seeing photos of an Aruba Blue S-Line.

:beerchug: