PDA

View Full Version : TDI Engine replacement

mwmackenzie
29-05-2008, 12:57 PM
Hi guys I need some advice, I have a VW Bora TDi PD 115 with an AJM engine code. the engine has a crack in the block and I need to replace it. I am struggling to find one with this code can any other codes be used? I read somewhere that the basic engine was much the same throughout the range is this so? can i stck all my bits onto a bare 130 engine or similar??

Cheers

Mark

Crasher
29-05-2008, 01:26 PM
You have to be careful with the AJM as it was also used in the Passat and A4/A6 in a longitudinal installation and quite a lot of work is required to make it work in a Golf/Bora (why is this in the Passat section anyway). The AJM block isn’t exactly the same as the ASZ and ARL (130 and 150 PD) as the pistons, crank, rods and block have subtle differences.

mwmackenzie
29-05-2008, 02:59 PM
It's in the passat section as the passat uses the same engine and I was looking for someone with knowlege of the TDi engines to help me. to take a longitudinal engine with an AJM code and put it in a bora also with an AJM code is not tricky at all! same engine code so same engine just different mounts surely? Can anyone help with this topic.. I know the 150 is completely different but was wondering about the 130 and 110 engines to see if the differences are all in the ancilleries, turbo etc and not the actual block and head? I know the cams etc in the 150 are different but are the other engines interchangable by fitting all my sensors, turbo etc to it?

Thanks
Mark

Crasher
29-05-2008, 04:28 PM
I didn’t say it was tricky I said it is quite a lot of work and by that I meant from the perspective of changing over the ancillaries and removing the oil sump, swapping the oil pick up to an 06A 115 251 and then fitting a transverse install sump. The cam for an ATD, AJM, AUY, ASZ and ARL is the same and the ASZ and ARL engines share the same head. Anyway if you don’t want my help, then that is fine by me.

mwmackenzie
29-05-2008, 05:08 PM
I didn't realise the two were different! I thought same code would be same engine just mounted differently, thanks for the info. All the ancillaries will need to be changed regardless as I'm looking to source a bare engine and not managing to get hold og one at all which is why I thought the passat crew may be able to help?

All information is greatly recieved and I am thankful, having read over my last msg it could be taken as a bit snipey, that was not my intention so I appologise. It's hard to get things accross on here without being able to put emotion into what is being said..

Thank you for the input, your help is greatfully recieved mate.

Mark

Crasher
29-05-2008, 06:09 PM
I use smilies :D

D_MACD_1979
12-01-2017, 10:10 PM
The cam for an ATD, AJM, AUY, ASZ and ARL is the same and the ASZ and ARL engines share the same head. By this do you mean that you can fit any of these engines as a replacement for AUY which has just died in my vw sharan?

Crasher
13-01-2017, 10:06 AM
ehh what who where?:confused: