PDA

View Full Version : Cabrio roof - brush marks

kgreene
28-05-2008, 05:25 PM
Hiya - cleaned my newly acquired 53 plate A4 cabrio roof with Auto-Glym cleaner last night and put the proofing stuff on as well. It was OK but a few bits of dirt on it. I noticed today that there are a lot of "lines/marks" in the pile of the fabric where I brushed it with the sponge that comes with the cleaner. Just looks like a very slightly different shade of black where I have brushed it - bit like when you hoover a carpet and it shifts the pile a bit. I guess I did it not quite go with the grain. Looks a bit naff and will hopefully disappear next time I do it properly (but I won't do it for a while as it took a couple of hours and I don't want to re-proof it again).

I guess if I brush it now it will take the rain proof stuff off?

Anyone got advice on how to avoid in the future or whether I should jump on re-doing it to get rid of the marks now or just leave for a bit?
thanks
Ken

DEBBIE.G
30-05-2008, 07:06 PM
Try giving it was first. I would use this stuff its much better than the AG stuff.
http://search.ebay.co.uk/search/search.dll?from=R40&_trksid=m37&satitle=renovo

kgreene
02-06-2008, 06:44 PM
Thanks Debbie - the marks have gone after a good soaking - the AG was OK and the proofer certainly seems to work as rain just sits in big blobs on the hood until it reallys rains a lot - will try the Renono stuff next time though as brushing it on seems much better than spraying as it goes everywhere.
thanks
Ken