PDA

View Full Version : Finally got it.....

derekm
28-05-2008, 10:22 AM
Picked it up yesterday. I havent had much time to play yet but I like it so far.

Parking sensors are factory fitted with volume adjustment.

I have the phone prep low and it has the little aerial on the roof but its black and my car is Aruba blue. I would have thought it would have been the same colour as the car..? Are they all black? Anyone else shed some light on this..?

The phone prep has voice controls but when I press the voice button the cars responses are too quiet. How do you increase this volume?

The other thing that is niggling me is the pedal spacing. The clutch is too far over to the right, but more annoying is that the brake and throttle are too close to each other and I keep catching my foot on the brake pedal when just using the throttle. You have to intensionally keep moving your right heal way over to the right to avoid it catching which isnt the most comfortable way to drive. Maybe I just havent found a proper driving postion yet but is doesnt seem to be a perfect set up for the manual cars with a clutch. This poor pledal positioning has been flagged up by the press and I can now see what they mean.

I will get some pics up very soon.....

browellm
28-05-2008, 10:34 AM
Many congrats, I got mine yesterday too :beerchug:

I would swear my phone aerial is colour coded (Lava Grey), I'll check for you this lunchtime.

To increase the volume on phone lady, turn the volume thumbwheel while she is saying something.

A few people have mentioned the offset pedals and spacing. I find them OK, perhaps the clutch could do with being further from the footrest. It is certainly a German car trait, both BMW's I owned have been the same

alexcf
28-05-2008, 12:30 PM
Getting mine on Tuesday!!! Not sure how I'm going to be able to sit quietly without clock watching for the whole week... :(

RichardCranium
28-05-2008, 12:38 PM
Fingers crossed, i'm getting mine on Tuesday as well. Dealer called me today, saying that it will arrive with them tomorrow, so Tuesday should be do-able. Got to go through all the carry-on with the lease company first

alexcf
28-05-2008, 12:39 PM
Richard, yours is from Hudders too isn't it?

volmmer
29-05-2008, 11:01 AM
Derekm, my dealer called today to tell me my car has arrived. And he told me my arial was coloured red from the factory. When I told him that people all around were receiving theirs in black, he told me that some cars come with their antennas in the same colour as the car, and others come in black. No specific reason given from the factory. It seems as they pick what they have on the shelf.

RichardCranium
29-05-2008, 11:13 AM
Richard, yours is from Hudders too isn't it?

Yep. Not sure if they are delivering it or if i'm picking it up though. Think id rather collect it

mkc
29-05-2008, 11:36 AM
Collect it! Its come that far without any problems, you dont want to push your luck with the final few miles on the back of a delivery van!

derekm
29-05-2008, 12:04 PM
Derekm, my dealer called today to tell me my car has arrived. And he told me my arial was coloured red from the factory. When I told him that people all around were receiving theirs in black, he told me that some cars come with their antennas in the same colour as the car, and others come in black. No specific reason given from the factory. It seems as they pick what they have on the shelf.

Has yours got the Phone Prep Low or High? And what about sat nav?

volmmer
29-05-2008, 01:23 PM
It's the option where the phone automatically connects with the car when I get in. The microphone is installed next to the lighting in the ceiling. (I'm not sure if that's the high or the low option)

Here in Denmark there are two options with the satnav, one with colour and one "monochrome". Mine is the one with colour. This is coupled with the MMI high option.

RichardCranium
02-06-2008, 08:13 PM
Still getting yours tomorrow Alex?? Mine only arrived at dealer yesterday, and hasnt been registered yet. I'm pushing them to get it sorted tomorrow. There does seems to some confusion though, as Arval are saying its not available until the 10th!?

Better get themselves sorted out pronto!

B6Andy101
02-06-2008, 08:58 PM
Fingers crossed, i'm getting mine on Tuesday as well. Dealer called me today, saying that it will arrive with them tomorrow, so Tuesday should be do-able. Got to go through all the carry-on with the lease company first

You're not gonna sleep tonight RC !! :D

RichardCranium
02-06-2008, 09:33 PM
You're not gonna sleep tonight RC !! :D

I know. I'm like a kid on Christmas eve. Drives the missus daft:approve:

HighwayTG
02-06-2008, 09:43 PM
I know. I'm like a kid on Christmas eve. Drives the missus daft:approve:

I've had a number of nice new cars in the past but I've never been as excited as waiting for delivery of this car. Wife also thinks I’m mad, scrawling the internet for any scrap of news on the Audi B8 … and it doesn’t help seeing everybody collecting their shiny new cars on this forum :(

anyways only 3-4 weeks left now :o

alexcf
03-06-2008, 02:49 AM
Still getting yours tomorrow Alex?? Mine only arrived at dealer yesterday, and hasnt been registered yet. I'm pushing them to get it sorted tomorrow. There does seems to some confusion though, as Arval are saying its not available until the 10th!?

Better get themselves sorted out pronto!

Well, it's weird, I'm dealing with Tom at Hudders who called me direct out the blue to check the spec of the car being ordered, and hell, I'm glad he did, purchasing got a few bits wrong, minor, but a few...

Anyway, my colleague checked DVLA for the car today and said it wasn't there yet... They've not called me to tell me that they're not coming, so I'm expecting a shiny car arriving in a grubby transporter tomorrow.. I'll keep you posted. Unfortunately, it's ******* down with rain down in the South. Just had a rather nasty drive home from Docklands! :(

When I got my delivery date via email from Hudders, Arval went a bit mental that I told *them* that my car had landed, rather than the other way around. :)

Oh, just for your info, the Fleet woman Tracey (who's surname is Whoar, yes that's right, Whore) who did/contacted me about my car said that it would take 5 days to get the car all registered as I pushed really hard for an earlier delivery date. Albeit, I am getting it delivered, Hudders to Brighton on a train is just not worth it.

Good luck with bitchslapping Arval RC... I'll keep you posted about what happens tomorrow..

Gnite!

RichardCranium
03-06-2008, 08:20 AM
Thanks Alex.

Why do I have this feeling that i am going to be let down today?

Furthermore the road tax on my current car has run out, with no sign of a replacement disc. Arval, get yer act together

alexcf
03-06-2008, 10:21 AM
RC! Just had a call my colleague sounding very surprised saying "the car's just arrived...!". I'm still at home, so time to run around like a headless chicken and get myself sorted!

RichardCranium
03-06-2008, 11:18 AM
RC! Just had a call my colleague sounding very surprised saying "the car's just arrived...!". I'm still at home, so time to run around like a headless chicken and get myself sorted!

Lucky sod!! It appears my fears have been confirmed. Car will not be ready until Saturday at the earliest. :banghead:

alexcf
03-06-2008, 01:20 PM
Just took it out for a spin, and my god, it moves like **** of a shovel! Stalled it once just after I reversed it, then ALMOST stalled it pulling away... Getting used to that auto brake thing is going to be interesting.

Good luck with Arval RC!

RichardCranium
03-06-2008, 01:26 PM
:approve: <---- envious. What spec/colour have you got?

alexcf
03-06-2008, 01:29 PM
Audi 3.0TDI S-line - Deep Sea Blue

I'll go take some photies.. :) Sorry for hijacking the thread!