PDA

View Full Version : New A3 owner questions

A3TDI_Biggee
03-01-2007, 10:10 PM
New to owning an A3 2.0 TDI 140 sport DSG ('04), couple of questions to ask.

1. After a service does the engine management limit the engine in any way. I had just picked up the car after a service and on a couple of occasions when on motorway and traveling the car slowed down and the rev counter would not go past about 3000rpm? I have now travelled about 1000 miles since the service and to date it has not happened again. Any thoughts?

2. I have noticed a few car mod kits to boost the engine management from the 140 to around 170. Are these self install kits safe, worth installing or should I leave well alone. There were a number of suppliers on ebay and online offering this non-invasive box with cables for less than £100. They also claim slightly better fuel economy. Again any thoughts or help would be appreciated.

3. Car has done 56000 miles. What should I be expecting to replace over the next 12 months (10K). I have checked over the receipts from garages when I got the car and apart from aircon and general services there does not seem to be anything else.

4. I am looking to have my ipod integrated to the concert/Bose car audio. Any suggested routes to take. Also looking to have mobile phone integrated to the car and have been told not to go for the Audi one, but look at the bluetooth Parrot system. If anyone has suggestions or information I would be very grateful.

5. It has the leather Alcantara seats, whats best to keep them in tip top shape. Should I use the leather feed for the leather part and leave the suede part, or is there a better method to maintain them.

Many thanks in advance.

RickT
05-01-2007, 01:44 AM
- sounds like it was knocking into limp mode - did the orrange engine management light come on??

- Chips... not my area...

Cam belt is due at about 60k ish..
not cheap from Audi... about £500 -£600 inc labour..

- IPOD lead... found of ebay...

See this link.. http://www.vwaudiforum.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=3837

-leather..... i dont like cleaning LOL!... just a bit of (non stick) leather dubbing does the trick!

RicKT

A3TDI_Biggee
05-01-2007, 09:42 AM
Many thanks for your reply.

Teg
14-01-2007, 12:45 AM
I have just picked up the same car ('04 plate) but not sure what DSG stands for. Can anyone explain?

Pictures soon, as soon as the weather improves.

Regards,

Teg

A3TDI_Biggee
15-01-2007, 10:50 PM
Nice to hear you have the same car. I have a link that can explain the DSG element better than I ever could.

http://cars.about.com/od/thingsyouneedtoknow/a/ag_howDSGworks.htm