PDA

View Full Version : Question Drive Select + S-Line sports suspension = ?

BMWBig6
28-05-2008, 04:16 AM
Does specifying both options mean that the Comfort mode of Drive Select will only be as "comfortable" as the (probably already somewhat harsher) sport suspension, and the other modes will just feel more aggressive than that?

Or does it actually soften the suspension beyond what a standard (static) sports suspension would allow?

Graphically, what I'm asking is, what is the correct order of suspension firmness:

(Firmest) Drive Select Dynamic Mode > Drive Select Comfort Mode > S-line Sports Suspension (Softest)

or like this:

(Firmest) Drive Select Dynamic Mode > S-line Sports Suspension > Drive Select Comfort Mode (Softest)

Marmin
12-06-2008, 08:02 PM
BMWBig6 - Great question! - and one I'd love an answer to if anyone out there knows. Thanks

SportyB8
20-06-2008, 11:32 AM
Hi guys,

If you select ‘Drive Select’ (you have to have the Servotronic steering as well!) it will supersede the S-line sports option.

You get a nifty couple of buttons behind the gearstick that have ‘Dynamic’ ‘Auto’ and ‘Comfort’ I would really recommend it as it’s nice to be able to soften the ride a bit when you are cruising on the motorway while still having the sporty option for those windey back roads! :biglaugh:

Hope that answers the question!

Scott

BMWBig6
20-06-2008, 01:43 PM
What do you mean it will supersede the S-line sports option?

SportyB8
20-06-2008, 02:28 PM
If you select 'S-Line suspension' and then select 'Drive select' you just get what you would with Drive Select regardless.

BMWBig6
20-06-2008, 02:38 PM
That doesn't make any sense. I must not be understanding what you're trying to say, because I don't think that is correct. Audi would not let the buyer specify both options if they are mutually exclusive.

S-Line suspension is supposed to be sportier all the time (30mm lower), where Drive Select is just supposed to let the driver fine-tune the suspension behavior (among other attributes like steering, throttle response, etc.). What I'm trying to determine is:

Does Drive Select work within the operating range of the standalone S-Line sports suspension (it can make it softer, but not any firmer)?

Or, does Drive Select extend the range of the standalone S-Line sports suspension (by making it firmer than S-Line by itself)?

And if Drive Select can indeed make an S-line suspension softer, does it get as soft as say... the standard B8 suspension? Or does it not get quite as soft because of the shorter springs?

SportyB8
20-06-2008, 04:02 PM
Right sorry, I think the answer you're after is that the Drive select only makes the suspension softer, not any harder than the standard S-Line suspension. The 'Comfort' setting makes it softer, 'Dynamic' essentially sets the suspension to the S-Line default and 'Auto' is an in-between setting.

BMWBig6
20-06-2008, 04:07 PM
Ah ok, that makes more sense. :) So opting for Drive Select + S-Line won't give you any firmer suspension, but you will still see benefits to throttle response and steering in the Dynamic setting. I think that's what you're saying.

SportyB8
20-06-2008, 05:25 PM
Bingo! :Blush:

g75y
14-10-2008, 05:06 AM
Hello. I was told by my AD that it is not possible to spec Audi Drive Select together with the S-line suspension (that lowers the car 30mm). Apparently they are incompatible so cannot be ordered together.

Is anyone able to confirm this? Or better yet, has anyone ordered and received a car with the Audi Drive Select as well as the S-line suspension?

Thanks in advance!