PDA

View Full Version : 87 cab has anyone fitted pas

930JON
28-05-2008, 12:21 AM
can anyone give me any info on fitting pas to an 87 cab the car is 100% original and dont really want to butcher it just so the strife can drive it.
ive heard talk of clio racks and bluebird racks on the forum has anyone got any personal experiance of this conversion and what parts to get ive got a compleat rack and system from my old mk11 i know the rack wont fit but the pump and pipes are a start and the columb u.j's any advise would be greatly appreciated..:1zhelp:

88jetta350
07-03-2009, 06:23 PM
Your best bet is to try and find a later MKI Cabrio in a scrapyard, as most likely it will have PAS.

If the car is 100% original, I would leave it as such. Manual steering in a MKI isn't much harder than PAS in some larger cars.

My wife can drive a Manual steering car without problems.

As far as other PAS racks from different cars. I wouldn't bother. It's probably alot more trouble than it's worth, and I would want to do a proper install, not some jerry-rigged, half-azz hack job. :)

willowraf
20-06-2009, 09:33 PM
No mk1 golf cab right hand drive ever came with PAS!!! There was a kit developed by TSR which can be puchased as a aftermarket add on for aobut £1500...Ouch. It is made up of a bluebird rack with mount adapters, Moddified pinon half mk1 anf half bluebird. Just so happens i was half through the conversion but had to get the cab back on road for inters...

hope this info helps a bit..

GTI_SI
19-01-2010, 09:28 AM
No mk1 golf cab right hand drive ever came with PAS!!! There was a kit developed by TSR which can be puchased as a aftermarket add on for aobut £1500...Ouch. It is made up of a bluebird rack with mount adapters, Moddified pinon half mk1 anf half bluebird. Just so happens i was half through the conversion but had to get the cab back on road for inters...

hope this info helps a bit..

Hey do you still have the parts for that conversion ? Wanna sell em ?

cheers
Si

willowraf
22-06-2010, 10:35 PM
Hey do you still have the parts for that conversion ? Wanna sell em ?

cheers
Si

Sorry m8 no :biglaugh: Powersteering no fitted....Works a treat...No need for the gym now to beef up my arms...