PDA

View Full Version : 80 B4 saloon door seals

Ian W
03-01-2007, 09:51 PM
Hi guys. have got myself a 1995 / 80 2.0E Sport as a more practical replacement for my toyota supra.

when cruising at higher speeds i seem to get a bad draught or two in the footwells and at the door sides.

the seals look to be quite perished so i'm wondering if these need replaced.

any ideas on costs or has anyone else had a similar problem?

thanks

ian

Ian W
04-01-2007, 08:12 PM
anyone?

Ian W
04-01-2007, 10:09 PM
Hi Ian, i would say that if buy your own calling you know & say that your seal`s are perished there lies your answer, as for cost about £30 from the M/D

ha ha, you would think so.

to be honest i just wasn't 100% sure about it and was wondering if anyone had suffered a similar problem.

i just didn't want to get some new seals and then find out that it was actually a problem with the window to door seal rather than door to frame if you see what i mean.

thanks for the reply nonetheless.

Ian

Ian W
05-01-2007, 12:34 AM
one more question mate.

what did you mean by m/d?

san
05-01-2007, 03:36 PM
I have a 93 Coupe, seals have gone too & was quoted £160 for front drivers door by M/D, are they taking the "michael" or is a bit of rubber really that expensive, the boot seal has gone too & that comes in at around £60... again, quite pricey I think......:zx11:

Ian W
05-01-2007, 04:11 PM
how much!?!?!?!

san
05-01-2007, 04:35 PM
Perhaps let me know how you get on, this is starting to get me down as I am not paying these prices & no scrap dealers seem to have any.. I want to keep my car dry & it is rotting the carpets !!:mad:
Other than that, am quite happy after initial problems (heater, speedo, pas pump)

Ian W
05-01-2007, 04:54 PM
will do mate.

i'm certainly going to be trying breakers first.

san
05-01-2007, 05:00 PM
Might be worth trying a main dealer too, be interesting to see the varying prices, I can't imagine there being much difference between an 80 & a Coupe.....
Its nice to see someone on line, this place is normally a ghost ship !!!:(

san
05-01-2007, 05:44 PM
and a huge difference in price for rubber...... I wouldnt expect the price to be that much more !!! £160 is excessive in my opinion, especially as it has cost me around £600, plus £1,400 for the car since October.....
The seals are hopefully the last thing that needs replacing, then I am a happy bunny....

san
10-01-2007, 02:40 PM
Holy ouch indeed !!!
My £600 was only that because i went to scrap dealers to get parts (dash cluster, pas pump, heater control panel. Its these damn seals that I cant find, and as you can imagine, am getting quite wet at the moment (dont you just love the british weather !! )
Other than that, car is great - touch wood

RJS_90q
10-01-2007, 10:38 PM
Might be worth a trip to a local scrapyard to look at the rubber door seals on vehicles other than the Audi's. In principle, the majority of door seals (any car) are push fitted over a metal flange in the doorframe.

There may be other vehicles with a usable profile. It may even be possible to cut out and patch in a replacement section for the perished area only?

Hope that this helps,

Regards,
Bob