PDA

View Full Version : VW Bora 1.9TDI Key code & immobiliser

Ianw
03-01-2007, 09:50 PM
Hello;

Having problems with my Bora. Everything has been fine then the immobiliser light on the dash started flashing and the car will not start. Anyone know how to code the key to the car?

Please help.

Eshrules
04-01-2007, 01:41 AM
sorry matey, hate to tell you this, but more than likely a main dealer jobby, long as you got the key and alarm fob though, shouldnt be more than £20 to recode it, only if you need a new key/fob will it cost you more. other than messing around with vagcom and all that malarkey, but IMO, for what its worth, id prefer the peace of mind a VW dealer offers.

Ianw
07-01-2007, 05:51 PM
Thanks for the info..............they wanted my car and £160.00 I would have to get it towed to the dealer. Spoke to an Auto key engineer, he advised turn the ignition on and leave for an hour..............and hey presto it worked....the key now starts the car and the ecu has re-set.

devonutopia
07-01-2007, 06:17 PM
Leaving the battery unplugged for an hour often works too. :) I can code keys with vag com, but you need your 4 digit login code to access the ECU in order to do this.

Ianw
07-01-2007, 08:56 PM
How do I find the code.....car did not come with remote key fob only 2 standard spare keys.

devonutopia
07-01-2007, 09:29 PM
Did any of the key's have any dealer plastic strips with numbers on the keyring? Often the 4 digit code is there. Otherwise it's a case of asking your dealer for it, and writing it down. :) They need to look it up on their system, so they may charge for the service. I have mine written down in my service book just in case. :)

Eshrules
07-01-2007, 09:51 PM
i heard vag tacho can read your dash for SKC code? i've attempted doing this, but seem to hit a brick wall, been quoted £20 upwards for a key and fob coding by my local *******.... :P any chance of a walkthrough LOL

adamss24
07-01-2007, 09:58 PM
Jason, the dealer has implemented the GEKO system and the car conects with the main server in germany and the tech never sees the code anymore ! I sugest going to a verry good locksmith or someone who does milleage corection as there are programs/software(vag tacho/immo calc.) that can read the SKC(secure key code) from the immobiliser and then you code the keys with vag-com in the usual way ! All you need is the 4 digit number ! If someone needs to code their keys in london, please get in touch with me as i have the diagnostic equipment, also i am doing diagnostic on opels/vauxhals to 2006, bmw to 2004, fiats/lancia/alfa romeo, and corect milleage on most vag cars untill 2003, opels up to 2006.

devonutopia
07-01-2007, 10:02 PM
How long has GEKO been in place? I got a techie I know to get me the 4 digit pin for the pd130 setup I now have in my car. This was around 18 months ago though. He just needed the reg and chassis from memory.

Ianw
08-01-2007, 09:08 PM
Have a program called ELSA WIN does this have the info required to find the codes, this is a full VW service program, but not sure how to use it fully. Have check the VW service book but no codes written down.