PDA

View Full Version : newbie

pog mahone
03-01-2007, 08:41 PM
hi all i ve just joined this site , i dont own a audi or vw :( yet but thats why i joined as i'm looking for some info , i was thinking of getting an A3 1.8 t or a golf 1.8t and cant decide any help would be great thanks

stuart
03-01-2007, 08:54 PM
Welcome to the site ;)

Stuart

pog mahone
03-01-2007, 08:58 PM
cheers m8

The Stagg
03-01-2007, 09:07 PM
Hi there, i'm pretty new myself, i'm here because i've got a spot of bother with my Passat 1.8 turbo. I haven't had it very long, but long enough to know its worth getting it fixed. Mine is ten years old and has done 82k miles. I don't really need a car this big, an A3 or a golf with the same engine would suit me better, the downside, it would cost me more than twice as much! Most of the parts are stamped with the Audi logo, so I guess you really just need to decide which you desire more, the looks and the image....or the bargain! If economy is an issue, I average 34 mpg with my sensible driving, I recently did a trip of 350 motorway miles and got 37 mpg, which should only improve in the smaller models I reckon. Basically, its a good car, safe and well made, and it doesn't feel like a tank to drive either. Good luck making your decision!

clum
02-02-2007, 07:47 PM
I couldn't decide either, having had a golf MK2 that i hung onto for eons 'cos i loved it... I plugged for the audi 1.8t, not so new, its a 97 with 56k and i'm chuffed. It goes well, although little more never goes amiss :D I chose it because i thought it looked better and weighed 80 kilos less, thats a whole passenger !

:beerchug:fellow :newbie: !