PDA

View Full Version : pollen filter

beetleboy
03-01-2007, 07:24 PM
hi All,

Right, new to this group, as I have just brought a new vw beetle, well an x reg.

Can anyone tell me where to find the pollen filter location, as I never seem to get any fresh air coming into the car, and it gets steamed up quick to. I have the fan on the correct setting, and the air on the mode that allows air in, but still not much air comes in, so im thinking the pollen filter could be blocked?

RickT
05-01-2007, 12:20 AM
it depends on the engine in it.... however first place to look... lift the bonnet.. under where the tax disk is... there maybe a big plastic cover running across the top of the engine bay... remove this... and then you will see a big ish black rectangle box... its in there..

RicKT

VW Techniker
05-01-2007, 02:07 AM
Hi,

'New Beetle' pollen filter is located in the plenum chamber.
You need to slide the centre trim on top of the dash foward (towards the windscreen) and lift it off, you will see three screws near the windscreen, remove screws and lift the left and right dash covers off. You then need to undo screws of left hand cover and there you will find the filter.

beetleboy
05-01-2007, 02:43 PM
thank you, yeh thats been a great help. it was blocked , well blocked, but now its got a new one, i get fresh air and no misty windows. thanks

RickT
07-01-2007, 12:48 PM
Good bit of info there,

Cheers

RickT

tdubman
27-12-2009, 08:48 PM
i agree good info:beerchug:

type4matt
06-02-2010, 06:30 PM
Hi,

'New Beetle' pollen filter is located in the plenum chamber.
You need to slide the centre trim on top of the dash foward (towards the windscreen) and lift it off, you will see three screws near the windscreen, remove screws and lift the left and right dash covers off. You then need to undo screws of left hand cover and there you will find the filter.

Good Info, Just what I needed, Many thanks,

Just done a service today on the wifes 55 reg beetle(the latest shape) and I gave up looking for the pollen filter on it,

I didn't want to start removing panels without knowing exactly where the filter is located, :1zhelp:

I know I thought, I'll do a search on the forum

Would never had thought to look on top of the dash though.

Going to tackle it in the morning as I have run out of light now.

Cheers :beerchug: