PDA

View Full Version : Question new stereo losing pre sets and time

hongkongstuey
26-05-2008, 05:25 PM
just fitted my sony mp3 player head unit to my b5 passat, now ive fitted it, after i remove the keys it loses time and pre set stations, it was fine in my old car?? had the same set up in the old car, iso lead to sony lead and now its not playing ball :( anyone know the fix? i dont really want to start cutting wires.:aargh4:

Crasher
26-05-2008, 05:41 PM
If I remember correctly you have to move the fuse position on the back of the unit for certain VAG applications with a Sony due to ISO plug configuration. Basically you are losing the constant live to the unit needed to keep the memory. I have had problems with Sony head unit ISO plug configuration also causing problem with the ECU road speed signal as the blue accessory live goes to the blue/white speed signal wire on some plugs.

hongkongstuey
26-05-2008, 06:31 PM
If I remember correctly you have to move the fuse position on the back of the unit for certain VAG applications with a Sony due to ISO plug configuration. Basically you are losing the constant live to the unit needed to keep the memory. I have had problems with Sony head unit ISO plug configuration also causing problem with the ECU road speed signal as the blue accessory live goes to the blue/white speed signal wire on some plugs.

so i have to move the fuse? where to? dont know if there is another position? will check in a min though, dont really want it interfering with anything speed related either :(

thanks for the quick reply :beerchug:

update, took fuse out for 30 ish seconds, reset headunit by pressing button behind facia and then put it all back in, works now, locked car, left it for 30 seconds and got back in, game on

Crasher
26-05-2008, 11:45 PM
Some Sony head units have two positions for the fuse in the black block on the back; you may have now re-fitted it in the other position.

Jimbo1.8t
27-05-2008, 08:13 PM
In the instructions there should be two different pictures showing you the two different positions

hongkongstuey
27-05-2008, 08:45 PM
Some Sony head units have two positions for the fuse in the black block on the back; you may have now re-fitted it in the other position.
one fuse place, no black block on wiring, guess i'll live with it for now. thanks anyway guys :beerchug: if i could find the manual in my tip of an old room at my mums i'd have a look.

hongkongstuey
28-05-2008, 08:19 PM
quick update, checked on the net and found there is a vw sony lead which is just for the purpose of switching power leads round, perm live and switched live, so im going to chop and block them the 'right' way round :D after the weekend though.

Eclipse car Audio
29-05-2008, 09:28 PM
Yes mate all you need to do is swap the red and yellow leads round i.e red out of head unit to yellow on ISO block and yellow on unit to red on ISO

descb600f
30-05-2008, 07:20 AM
quick update, checked on the net and found there is a vw sony lead which is just for the purpose of switching power leads round, perm live and switched live, so im going to chop and block them the 'right' way round :D after the weekend though.

as stated above mate the yellow and red should both have bullet connectors in them and you just change them around don't butcher the thing

andyg0141
31-05-2008, 10:01 AM
yupp ignition live and pernament live are the worng way round so as stated, swap red and yellow wires over and that should be you

Andy