PDA

View Full Version : Question Does anybody have any experience with Drive Select?

BMWBig6
26-05-2008, 01:33 PM
I am wondering if it's worth the money, and if it will preclude the use of an aftermarket tuning chip later.

stas_ov
25-06-2008, 04:46 PM
Anybody?

kitoclick
04-07-2008, 07:13 PM
I was hoping someone would have experience with this option.

Read a review online somewhere saying that it wasn't really worth it but I'd still like to here 'real life' experiences ;)

Also does anyone know whether you can spec "Drive select with Damper control" only or do you have to choose the Dynamic steering as well taking this option to £1700:confused: instead of £1k for basic drive select.

firelogic
05-07-2008, 06:14 AM
My car is equipped with drive select option, the features i believe is really unique since you could customize the setting of the steering and shock on the MMI and set your own preferences.

The dynamic feature stiffen the car ride even more, which really thrill when you wanna drive fast on a highway ; the steering movement is much heavier and precise, the accelerator is really responsive but is a bump to drive on a traffic. The Comfort features made the steering much more lighter but i find it too soft and not that comfort for my preference, probably it is useful when driving on a long trip. Lastly, the auto select mode : I find the auto select is much nicer to drive, since it's automatically adjust accordingly to the way you drive which i find really nice to use on daily drive.

Overall, I find it thrilllin when i got bored and wanna feel to drive differently from time to time. Then again i never drive the A4 without the drive select option, so i couldn't really tell the difference.