PDA

View Full Version : Standard unit with sub

dazler1527
26-05-2008, 08:20 AM
Hi,i am wanting to gat a bit more bass into my system but want to use the standard head unit to keep the dash looking standard keeping the thieving scumbags at bay ,my plan was to fit a low level converter so i can run phono's to the amp,however i still want all 4 standard speakers to work aswell, is this possible without spending loads of money and it sounding crap,i am not after competion quality just miss my bass,already have a rockford sub and amp from my younger days before i had kids and didn't need a boot lol

cheers

Daz

Froggy
27-05-2008, 01:06 PM
Which standard head unit ?

dazler1527
27-05-2008, 06:50 PM
Which standard head unit ?
The unit thats in is the standard vw single slot cd ,in the handbook it referes to it as the Gamma cd player noy multi change

sorry i can't be anymore specific
cheers
Darren

Maz
28-05-2008, 09:28 AM
I have the same question but for an Audi A4 2000 model 1.9 TDi
My one has the CD player on top of a tape player.
Should I start a new thread or will the answer apply to both of us?

dazler1527
28-05-2008, 09:53 AM
I have the same question but for an Audi A4 2000 model 1.9 TDi
My one has the CD player on top of a tape player.
Should I start a new thread or will the answer apply to both of us?

i would hang fire and see if anyone comes up with anything

Daz

Col
28-05-2008, 02:04 PM
It can indeed be done gents,

Not sure on the Audi units but the VW Gammas can be wired up to a sub.

You will need an Autoleads PC3-11 lead, this gives x4 preouts plus amp switching.

Any good car stereo place should have one or get it off flea-bay. I'd check out the autoleads website first before ordering to make sure the PC3-11 is the lead for you !

dazler1527
28-05-2008, 04:44 PM

You will need an Autoleads PC3-11 lead, this gives x4 preouts plus amp switching.

Any good car stereo place should have one or get it off flea-bay. I'd check out the autoleads website first before ordering to make sure the PC3-11 is the lead for you !

Nice one Bigcol i have been scratchin my head for a few days now,didn'twant to walk in to an in car place and them have my pants down,owe ya one dude,will let you know how it goes

Daz:biglaugh:

Maz
28-05-2008, 04:57 PM

:beerchug: Sounds good it should be the same for the Audi, will look into this. At least now I have got a good place to start.

andyg0141
31-05-2008, 10:02 AM
Can also use low level outputs from your speaker wires. Simply wire in this adapter to two speaker connections on the head unit and it gives you RCA connections

Andy

dazler1527
31-05-2008, 02:08 PM
Can also use low level outputs from your speaker wires. Simply wire in this adapter to two speaker connections on the head unit and it gives you RCA connections

Andy

cheers Andy, only problem with that is you have to then run all your speakers through amps

lunatixantix
10-06-2008, 10:50 AM
Do you have the factory fitted sub in the boot? I simply rewired a RCA convertor into my A4 which made it nice and simple as all the work was simply in the boot rather then the need to remove the head unit.