PDA

View Full Version : Flashing Interior Light & keyfob registering

BAK 2 BA6
03-01-2007, 02:38 PM
:newbie:

I have two current issues I would like to solve.:1zhelp:

Has anyone experienced the interior lights flashing when the front passenger door (only) is opened, if so can you tell me what this is indicating and how I can stop it.

Also the battery seems to have gone flat on the keyfob (2 button type), I've got a replacement battery but have read in the owners manual that it will need to be registered (setup) by the dealer. I've read on group forums previously that there is a DIY way of doing this involving the spare key with the ignition on, does anyone know where I can find the procedure to save undue costs.

AJO
19-01-2007, 04:45 PM
Had the flashing light thing on my a6...

also noticed that the footwell light didnt come on when the door was open too.

bit of WD40 round the contact areas.. (ie micro switch and all was fine again)

BAK 2 BA6
19-01-2007, 05:00 PM
Thanks AJO, I am going to delve into this on the weekend, I've now got the batteries today for the keyfob and have obtained a possible sequence to allow me to register the key again to the vehicle too, so hopefully I can get it all sorted this weekend.

If it works I'll let you know.

Quick question, where is the micro switch located, I can't recall seeing it (little lazy as I haven't looked yet).

AJO
19-01-2007, 05:02 PM
if i remember rightly they are within the door cards?

it was a while ago i had this problem...

although it may not be this... open the passenger door and see if the light comes on in the footwell.. if it does then its not the microswitch.. if it doesnt then chances are it is!

BAK 2 BA6
22-01-2007, 05:58 PM
Thanks AJO, unfortunately due to weather didn't get chance to look, howvever I did get the keyfob working very easily.

Simple process.

Open car and drivers window.

1. Use spare key to turn ignition on without starting engine (all lights on dash lit up).
2. Shut and lock door with second.
3. Press the unlock button on keyfob (indicator lights should flash).
4. Try the lock button to see if works. (worked for me so I stopped there)

Apparently if you need to register additional keys you need to press the unlock button again for the number of keys (i.e. 2nd key press twice, third key 3 times etc.. upto max of four I believe)

Once I get five, and some dry weather, I'll check on the switch.

Thanks for the info.