PDA

View Full Version : Hi (A4 newbie signing in)

gtuser
25-05-2008, 06:36 PM
Just thought I'd stop by and say "Hi"

I picked up my A4 yesterday (2.0 T FSI Quattro DTM Edition 2005/55) yesterday. I'd like to say that everything has been ok... but had to callout the RAC this morning who replaced an Injection coil. They said that the engine had probably been cleaned with a pressure hose and hot water into the coil.

So Tuesday morning I'm going to be on the phone to my Audi saleperson demanding that they get my local Audi delaer (as I didn't buy it locally) to replace the remaning 3 injection coil's - and also send me a replacment key as one fo the two keys does work (buttons or even start the car).
So not a great start but hopefully no major issues.

Now all I have to do is think about any aftermarket upgrades....

MalcQV
26-05-2008, 09:37 PM
Welcome :biggthump

marcl
26-05-2008, 10:12 PM
was it an audi dealer??

did you get a copy of the multi point check??

i have wanted an audi since i was at school, and although i now own one this is my 3rd car since october (all dealer supplied) and not due to choice.

i now have my dream car.

gtuser
26-05-2008, 10:44 PM
was it an audi dealer??

did you get a copy of the multi point check??

i have wanted an audi since i was at school, and although i now own one this is my 3rd car since october (all dealer supplied) and not due to choice.

i now have my dream car.

I bought the car from an Audi dealer, and had the multi-point check but was told that the cert would be sent on to me.
If what the VAG RAC man said is correct, then this could have happened if the car was cleaned after the multi-point check.
Hopefully all will be fine, I'm really not worried and will push to get the remaining injector coils replaced tomorrow morning.

bcampbell
27-05-2008, 12:30 AM
I can't beleive what I've just read!!

It could have been me that wrote it. I have a DTM as well. I bought it about a year ago now from Newcastle Audi who were brilliant. The very next day, as I drove it to my local VLO to get the plates changed, the engine gave up. I had to call the RAC and they ended up calling for a transporter and had it taken to my local garage. Thants when the fun started.

The local garage said that it wasn't a warranty issue which I just couldn't beleive but Newcastle weren't having any of it and agreeed to pay the local Audi dealer for the coil replacement. While they were at it, they chose to replace the 4. The local dealer tried first to blame me for power washing the engine, explaning that, when water settles in the coil port, it crrodes. When I explaned that I just bought the car yesterday, they then tried to blame the other dealer suggesting that it might have been a new start in the valleting bay!

I actually phoned the previous owner who told me that the only fault he had had with the car was that a coil went with him as well.

Other than that I just love it!

Its got the Sat Nav but no phone kit which I'm desperate to have added to it so that I can use propper hands free without add ons and that is one of the reasons that I joined this forum.

==================================================

Just thought I'd stop by and say "Hi"

I picked up my A4 yesterday (2.0 T FSI Quattro DTM Edition 2005/55) yesterday. I'd like to say that everything has been ok... but had to callout the RAC this morning who replaced an Injection coil. They said that the engine had probably been cleaned with a pressure hose and hot water into the coil.

So Tuesday morning I'm going to be on the phone to my Audi saleperson demanding that they get my local Audi delaer (as I didn't buy it locally) to replace the remaning 3 injection coil's - and also send me a replacment key as one fo the two keys does work (buttons or even start the car).
So not a great start but hopefully no major issues.

Now all I have to do is think about any aftermarket upgrades....

gtuser
27-05-2008, 06:51 AM
Well hopefully I won't have any problems with the Audi dealer.

I don't have the Sat Nav but this this something that I'm seriously looking at getting, haven't haerd much about the phone prep, but believe that there is a bluetooth module available for the Navi-Plus unit - which is the main reason why I've started looking on this forum as well.

marcl
27-05-2008, 09:20 AM
i bought from Stanstead Audi.....Absoloute HELL.

I bought a 54 B6 1.8T 190, i got 1 mile and the turbo blew. took it back they said it was my fault, after 2 weeks without car they agreed that i could change to a 56 B7 2.0T if i paid the difference. it had been there own car previously.

3 days later it rolled off down the road into the back of a transit van. took it audi and it failed a brake test.............i was to blame though??

Audi UK agreed to pay 50% towards the cost of repair after lots of arguing, just by chance i knew the guy at the repair centre who kindly informed me that the car had been "in a smash" new front end and complete respray.

Stanstead swear they knew nothing, nothing was recorded....although it was all audi parts and they had owned the car from new!?

in the end they took it back and refunded me, i bought one from Peterborough Audi who were superb!

If you think this is unbelievable, goto Stanstead audi site.....there both back on there site at the same price no mention of anything.

B6 1.8T AO54 JVV & B7 2.0T EN56 VLM both Red

gtuser
27-05-2008, 09:27 AM
Hi,

I haven't dealt with Stanstead Audi, but was thinking about using them as there fairly local, will opt for Hatfield Audi for my approved work and see how they are.
I puchased the car from Boston Audi - not the closest but they have been good so far, let's just see what they say today. I dropped my sales guy an email this morning and will give them until about 10:30 to respond before I start calling.
It's a shame there not local as I may have been able to use these problems to try and get better service in the future.

paul b
27-05-2008, 01:01 PM
Just got to say... DTM Edition... :approve:

Paul

gtuser
27-05-2008, 01:34 PM
Just got to say... DTM Edition... :approve:

Paul

Thanks, I must say that I am liking the DTM, wasn't sure about the colour (Sprint Blue) when I first saw it but love it now.

Also, spoke to the sales manager @ Boston Audi who said to take the car into a Audi dealer and get them to speak to him regarding any costs.
Now I just need to convince my local dealer to change the injectors, shouldn't be to hard as it's not going to cost them anyway.

mluton
28-05-2008, 02:52 AM
Welcome to the forum