PDA

View Full Version : I found good audi A4 odometer hint !

tgsm
25-05-2008, 05:28 PM
when you drive at ** speed and press CHECK button it memories it and when you drive above that ** speed the BEEP sound is heard !!!!
and km/h sign is shown on the display !

Thats cool in the city you dont need to watch to the odometer when you speed up ! the sound BEEP coming up !!!

thats fine !

dub love
27-05-2008, 04:41 PM
gona try that.. i'll get back to you

RickT
27-05-2008, 05:44 PM
And hold it for 3 seconds to cancel the beep warning..

Rick

tgsm
27-05-2008, 05:56 PM
Maybe there are some other secrets?
How to change the language of odometer messages? or it comes from factory or need VAG com??

dub love
28-05-2008, 01:18 AM
it worked but no beeep.. i drove up to 30mph.. pressed check and it came up with MPH in a circle on the screen.. the i slowed down, and drove back up to 30 and just the MPH in a circle flashed up.. im not ***** like.. im never gona use it

Marco34
29-05-2008, 09:23 AM
There'e not secrets, it's all in the manual!!! ;)

You do need vagcom to change language... I've tried it. I had a nice Italian style DIS :approve:

tgsm
29-05-2008, 12:05 PM
To Marco35 can you share experience or manual how to do that?
I have VAG COM.

but dont want to damage the car DIS.

Marco34
29-05-2008, 02:23 PM
Hi

I'm trying to think as it's one of those you know when you see it. If you go to instruments -17 and check the coding value. Mine is 02400. Standard was on my car 00400. The 2 represents seat belt warning symbol. One of these numbers, or should I sy the zeros will represent language. I've got mine back to English now but I did last year.

I'm checking VAGCOM this weekend in my car so I will have a look but that where I think you need to be. No logging in required to change it.

Cheers
Marco

Purplefast
15-06-2008, 10:58 PM
"The 2 represents seat belt warning symbol".

Hi all / Marko,

I've a 2004 Audi A4 1.9tdi SE 130 6 spd (B6 I think) and was told by my local Audi dealer (Peterborough) that it didn't come with the seat belt warning aid. I was under the impression that the previous owner had simply disabled this feature.

Was this an extra or a standard feature - does anyone know?

a4_jim
16-06-2008, 05:33 AM
My 2004 1.8T has the seatbelt warning but its in the form of a warning lamp. There isnt any information or warning for seatbelt in the DIS. Can I Vagcom and change it to show up in the DIS?

Does anyone have a list of options we can enable with vagcom?

Thanks
J

tgsm
16-06-2008, 07:56 AM
I play with VAGCOM a lot of variant but enable only "red warning sign in upper odometer place for 3 sek after ignition on" but no beep sound ! try several numbers of variants.I think there is no sensors in seat belt for that car.In B7 there is sensors !

audi A4 2004 1.9 tdi.

Marco34
16-06-2008, 09:37 AM
"The 2 represents seat belt warning symbol".

Hi all / Marko,

I've a 2004 Audi A4 1.9tdi SE 130 6 spd (B6 I think) and was told by my local Audi dealer (Peterborough) that it didn't come with the seat belt warning aid. I was under the impression that the previous owner had simply disabled this feature.

Was this an extra or a standard feature - does anyone know?

It was not standard. The seats don't come with the pressure sensors to know when a driver is sat there. Mine has a symbol (as someone said) and that stays lit for about 5 seconds. I can get a warning beep when running output tests.

Purplefast
16-06-2008, 08:06 PM
My 2004 1.8T has the seatbelt warning but its in the form of a warning lamp. There isnt any information or warning for seatbelt in the DIS. Can I Vagcom and change it to show up in the DIS?

Does anyone have a list of options we can enable with vagcom?

Thanks
J

Hi Jim,

I wasn't expecting the warning to appear in the DIS. I can see the warning symbol within the warning lamp cluster but it doesn't flash or chime when I move off without the sealt belt on. I thought that it must be a standard feature on a 2004 car, so assumed that the previous owner had it disabled.

When I took it to my local Audi dealer, they informed me that it was an extra "back then" and had not been requested at the ime the car was ordered (when new).

It just seems strange that a car (not that old), comes with a range of standard extras such as electric mirrors & windows all round, 6 CD disc changer, electric tilt, slide sunroof, climate control, ABS, traction control, cruise control, DIS ect. ect...... but no seat belt warning / alam.... Very strange:confused:

tgsm
16-06-2008, 09:32 PM
AUDI is not KIA you need to PAY for any hint !!!!

when i buy 2004 audi I dont think that electric windows can broke !!!I saw that details from plastic are going to wear and brake !!!!
I think old audi for example 1987 years "90model" was more quality !

todays cars is made not to last long but to go to the servis and pay pay pay
or buy a new one 2008 shiny new model AUDI :)))))wow

a4_jim
17-06-2008, 03:01 AM
Yes its strange whats standard and not on Audi, hit and miss.

I found this great link which states what options come with your car. Doesnt mention my chiming seat belt alarm, plus its annoying if u ask me.

http://igorweb.org/equidec/Default.aspx

Cheers

J

Hi Jim,

I wasn't expecting the warning to appear in the DIS. I can see the warning symbol within the warning lamp cluster but it doesn't flash or chime when I move off without the sealt belt on. I thought that it must be a standard feature on a 2004 car, so assumed that the previous owner had it disabled.

When I took it to my local Audi dealer, they informed me that it was an extra "back then" and had not been requested at the ime the car was ordered (when new).

It just seems strange that a car (not that old), comes with a range of standard extras such as electric mirrors & windows all round, 6 CD disc changer, electric tilt, slide sunroof, climate control, ABS, traction control, cruise control, DIS ect. ect...... but no seat belt warning / alam.... Very strange:confused:

tgsm
17-06-2008, 10:16 AM
Thank you for that link !!!! that what i looking for I found factory sticker under rear seat !
Thank you

a4_jim
17-06-2008, 10:47 AM
No worries...you will be amazed at what they consider an OPTION! haha

J

Thank you for that link !!!! that what i looking for I found factory sticker under rear seat !
Thank you