PDA

View Full Version : Resetting the radio after Battery Change.

Martin Linklater
27-03-2005, 09:58 PM
Hi there once again,
I have had to replace the battery on my Passat TDi and I would would be grateful if you could run through the operation of setting up the radio. I do have the code and after typing in the code I am not sure what to do next!
I am not sure if it worth mentioning but when I turn on the radio 'SAFE' comes up on the screen.
speak to you soon
Martin

stuart
29-03-2005, 07:04 AM
Hi Martin

Sorry for the delay:( you may have even sorted this by now.

If the display is showing "safe" it means the radio is locked and waiting for the code to be input. Do you have the radio handbook? or am I correct in thinking you have not? if not, I will see if my VAG technician can help me out with the correct procedure on Wednesday if that's OK, but he is on Holiday until then.

Stuart

Martin Linklater
29-03-2005, 08:46 AM
Hi Stuart,
You were right I did not have the booklet on the radio but I did have the code! Any way the problem is now sorted, my mate who has a golf and the same radio-surprise! had the booklet. thanks any way.
Martin.

stuart
29-03-2005, 10:20 AM
Hi Stuart,
You were right I did not have the booklet on the radio but I did have the code! Any way the problem is now sorted, my mate who has a golf and the same radio-surprise! had the booklet. thanks any way.
Martin.

Hi Martin

No problem, just as long as you have been sorted out;)

Stuart

Ady Fearn
25-03-2006, 07:52 PM
Hi

I noticed the previous posts about the Gamma system in safe mode, can anyone shed any light on how to decode the radio? I have the code but since my battery was changed the radio has remained in safe mode constantly.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Ady

babarshah
19-03-2007, 05:14 PM
Hi Stuart. I have recently been having the water leakage problems described thoroughly on these forums, and so will be attempting to clear the drainage holes this weekend. However, I am a little reluctant to remove the battery, as I do not have the code for the gamma head unit, and so if the battery is removed, the head unit will go off, and without the code wont work.
Is there any way around this?
Please let me know.

RickT
19-03-2007, 10:25 PM
If you go to VW they can get you the code no problem for a small charge..

RickT

Lex Luthor
20-03-2007, 10:29 AM
Hi Stuart. I have recently been having the water leakage problems described thoroughly on these forums, and so will be attempting to clear the drainage holes this weekend. However, I am a little reluctant to remove the battery, as I do not have the code for the gamma head unit, and so if the battery is removed, the head unit will go off, and without the code wont work.
Is there any way around this?
Please let me know.

My 2002 Passat "remembers" the code and after the battery is reconnected the radio kicks into life after a few seconds.
I think any B5.5 (2001 on) will be the same.

danny allen
14-06-2007, 04:06 PM
hi

i have the code for my radio but it doesnt work as the radio has had the wrong code entered twice

any ideas how to get into this guys?

cheers

danny

Fourbears
19-06-2007, 05:03 PM
Leave it switched on for an hour and it should then let you put the code in.

cconaway
07-09-2007, 09:50 PM
I'm running into some issues with my radio. I had my battery replaced recently and when I tried to turn on the radio nothing. I read the manual and the radio should show "safe" when I turn it on. Well I get nothing, blank screen. The little red light doesn't even flash when I turn the car off.

It almost seems like the radio isn't getting any power at all. I looked at the fuses #42 on the side panel and everything looks fine. I really don't want to have to go to the dealer for this, but I'm dying w/out my stereo.

Oh, my car is a 2003 VW Jetta.

Any help would be much appreciated.

Christina

cconaway
07-09-2007, 09:52 PM
Sorry, posted twice

TONE
26-10-2007, 03:32 PM
Hi Stuart,
Martin.
I have same problem got code but cant find manual... please tell me how to input code

bluetba
27-10-2007, 11:12 AM
I have a RCD 300 and apparently on mine it goes like this - I have 3 buttons each side of the screen, top left two do the first two digits top right two do the other two digits and the bottom right is the enter key.

Haven't tried it nor do I have a book but this is what I have been told.

Hope it helps!

Cheers
Chris