PDA

View Full Version : Question Radio Antenna

mkc
23-05-2008, 04:01 PM
Are these colour coded? The Silver SE I had, had a black un colour coded shark fin type on the roof. Surely they would make them colour coded or are they all black?

AndyE66
23-05-2008, 06:18 PM
My A4's black so my antenna's definitely colour coded ;)

I had a blue A4 on loan for a day that had a colour-coded antenna and I'm 99% sure that a silver one at the dealers also had a colour coded antenna.

volmmer
25-05-2008, 12:06 PM
The dealer said that my S line should come with the antenna colour coded.
to be honest I don't believe him, so I asked him to paint the antenna upon arrival, if it should come black from the factory.

We'll see who's right :biglaugh:

MackemMan
25-05-2008, 06:39 PM
Isn't the antenna for Sat Nav?

My SE is out of the box. It has no sat nav & no antenna. But I do have a very nice working radio.

JJAvant
25-05-2008, 07:59 PM
As far as I am aware the antenna is for the mobile phone.

Have you made use of the SD card reader yet ?

MackemMan
25-05-2008, 08:45 PM
Have you made use of the SD card reader yet ?

Yes, it is brilliant. My full music collection on just a few SD cards.

Makes me wonder whether you could get the same kind of technology for home use. I don't mean in an IPOD or similar (which require uncomfortable earphones), but a stand-alone system that uses the same SD cards.

Anyone got any ideas?

adambsmith
26-05-2008, 09:23 AM
Slightly off topic but my Panasonic TV accepts SD cards for looking at photos and also vidcam footage.

mkc
27-05-2008, 11:14 AM
I think the shark fin antenna may well be just for A4s that are phone prep'd. The test drive one I had was prep'd for the phone. Ive not been quick enough to look at the few Ive seen on the roads yet to see if its on all of them.

There are many SD card readers out there that play MP3s. Some early MP3 players had a SD card reader so you could increase the size of the storage and most phones allow you to store MP3 on SD cards and play back. Ive not seen a SD card reader with a headphone socket though.

Ill be getting a FM transmitter for my Ipod when my car arrives and I think the SD slot will never be used......

kevspi
27-05-2008, 11:32 AM
My A4's black so my antenna's definitely colour coded ;)

I had a blue A4 on loan for a day that had a colour-coded antenna and I'm 99% sure that a silver one at the dealers also had a colour coded antenna.

I have ordered my A4 S line with the Phone Prep (Low), will that include an external fin? Looked at the brochure for the A4 and it only mentions it for the phone prep (High).

Anyone in the know on this?

browellm
27-05-2008, 11:44 AM
I have phone prep low with a colour coded fin. Hope that helps.

derekm
28-05-2008, 10:41 AM
Seems some are colour coded and some are not. Mine has phone prep low and the antenna is not colour coded. I am disappointed that its not colour coded.

Wonder why some are and some are not..? Should I take it back to dealer and get them to colour code it...?

Audi Nick
28-05-2008, 06:05 PM
Mine is black.

My car is silver.

My mood is black.

My car is fantastic.

Why, or why do Audi keep doing this to me. Everyone I have ever owned has pleased me and frustrated me in equal measure. Why have the boffins from Audi ruined my nice silver car by sticking a piece of black plastic on the roof, do they really hate me this much.

Perhaps I have not spent enough money with them, had I not been so tight and gone with the personal phone to go with my high prep system, then maybe, just maybe it would have been painted.

I could get it painted and it is likely I will, just another cost, just another Audi rip off. But hey ho, its only money and why feed the kids when I can spend more money on my car :biglaugh:

browellm
28-05-2008, 06:08 PM
I have phone prep low with a colour coded fin. Hope that helps.

Well, what can I say, I am a clot :o. The fin is indeed black. On my lava grey model it's as near as no difference.

Don't ever ask me to pick out anyone from a police line-up!