PDA

View Full Version : S4 Wing Mirrors Stolen for the 2nd Time!

StevieB03
22-05-2008, 08:34 PM
Hi,

Some Scroats in my town keep nicking my Chrome Mirrors on my S4, although this time they have damaged the body work taking them off.. The annoying thing is that I heard them doing it and running away, I also can't believe how flimsey they are as they literally snap off! - great design Audi!!

As the Mirrors are £550 and fitting another couple of hundred it gets expensive after a while..

I'm pretty desparate as the Police are giving the same old story of "no evidence can't do anything about it"... It's pretty gutting.

Does anybody know how I can protect them without sitting in the car all night with a Baseball bat and a roteweiler??? it's definatley organised as it has only been 6 weeks since the last ones were taken

Any suggestions or ideas would be greatly appreciated

omegadirective
23-05-2008, 11:37 AM
Depends if it's in a drive or on the street. On the street, probably little you can do. In a drive...

Electric wire. Lol. CCTV camera might be an idea, but costly. There are also a lot of restrictions where filming comes in. Flood lighting might be an idea too. You could always get a sign saying there is CCTV recording in place, even if there isn't.

The Rotweiller is your best bet though unfortunately. I've heard of this happening a lot with the chrome mirrors and I don't think anyone has found a good solution to it. Maybe Detachable wing mirrors is a good idea! :biglaugh: