PDA

View Full Version : silver s-line spotted on m25 today!

cl0nd0n
22-05-2008, 07:01 PM
Spotted silver (i think, very sunny) s-line on the m25 just coming off on to the m4 around 9.15am this morning! Looked lovely!

Anyone on here?

RichardCranium
22-05-2008, 08:13 PM
I saw a black one on Tuesday near Huddersfield. fine looking beast it was!

Started seeing a few more B8's in general. saw 4 yesterday and 2 today

Satch
23-05-2008, 03:52 PM
I saw a red s line today, I have to say and many might not like it but I didn't like the LED DRL's. Sorry.:(

mkc
23-05-2008, 03:55 PM
Fair comment regarding the LED lights. Although Im happy to be getting them I am wondering how often I will use them during the day esp. as people appear to flash those that have them.

Still, nice to know that the S Lines are arriving on our Island finally........

HotChip
26-05-2008, 08:24 AM
Picked my new S-line up on Friday and I wholeheartedly disagree with Satch. The LED DRLs look absolutely amazing!!

Satch
26-05-2008, 09:41 AM
Picked my new S-line up on Friday and I wholeheartedly disagree with Satch. The LED DRLs look absolutely amazing!!

Congrats and health to drive. What colour ?

Julian.P
26-05-2008, 11:20 AM
Hot chip, Can you please post some pics

AUDI-NUT
26-05-2008, 12:21 PM
I saw a red s line today, I have to say and many might not like it but I didn't like the LED DRL's. Sorry.:(

What is there not to like??? They look the nuts. Saw an A5 yesterday in daylight and it looked very special. It stands out from the crowd and the A4 S-Line will do the same.

A friend of mine took delivery of his newA4 2.0 TDI last week and he said the same thing "I don't like those DRL's they are just to bright", what a crock......I remember him 3 months ago saying how gutted he was that he couldnt get them on the standard SE.....just admit it guys you have finally realised the standard A4 is just that Standard!!!

Someone had to say it!

Samurai1466
26-05-2008, 12:54 PM
I agree with audi-nut... I originally ordered a SE model, however, when I discovered that they had stopped supplying them with LED daytime lights I cancelled my SE order for an S-Line instead. What's there not to like about the S-Line.... The LED lights are very smart, the Standard and SE model's daytime lights in comparison look very, uhmm, well, dull.

The other S-Line aspects that also make the sports version look very special are the lowered suspension, side-skirts, aggressive front grill, silver trimmed fog lights and exhaust pipes, coloured front optic blade and coloured area on rear bumper and of course the S-Line badge on the wings - and that's just the OUTSIDE! I truly believe that it's worth the extra cost over an SE or Standard A4.

But remember, if you don't have a Quattro - you're car is less special! LOL ;)

BMWBig6
26-05-2008, 01:25 PM
I saw an A5 coming the opposite direction this weekend and the LED DRL's really caught my attention (it was broad daylight). They looked great to me, though I haven't yet seen them on an A4 (LED pattern is slightly different).

browellm
26-05-2008, 01:41 PM
I like the LED DRL's too, but let's remember, they never were standard on the SE model. It was always a £775 option included with the Xenons.

Satch
26-05-2008, 01:43 PM
To clarify the situation, I was one of the people who went mad when the SE didn't have the LED's and on the A5 they look great. However when I saw the S line driving towards me the pattern / layout just didn't look as good. It was only a quick glance I admit but it didn't look as good as the A5.
But hey what do I know, I only drive a standard car.:p

AUDI-NUT
26-05-2008, 01:47 PM
To clarify the situation, I was one of the people who went mad when the SE didn't have the LED's and on the A5 they look great. However when I saw the S line driving towards me the pattern / layout just didn't look as good. It was only a quick glance I admit but it didn't look as good as the A5.
But hey what do I know, I only drive a standard car.:p

Did I hit a nerve.?

Satch
26-05-2008, 02:08 PM
Did I hit a nerve.?

Not at all, I only wanted to clarify my opinion. They don't look like A5 LED's and thats why ( in my opinion ) they don't look as good and they didn't seem as bright although when I saw them it was a very sunny day.
Don't get me wrong I wanted to absolutley love them but when i actually saw them in the flesh for the first time I was disappointed but I'm sure they'll grow on me and if they where available on the standard car I would have taken them.

HighwayTG
26-05-2008, 02:53 PM
I have to agree the A5 LED's look fantastic much cooler than the A4's. I think they are just as bright but the configuration on the A5 does the trick, the A4's a bit too fancy curvy, if you see what I mean.

Also .. I've seen a few halogen (standard) DRL's and IMHO they look a bit naff, like cars with their fog lamps on.

HotChip
26-05-2008, 05:23 PM
I do like the A5 LEDs but it much prefer the A4's. I think the curve gives them a little something extra over the A5, an aggressive look that makes people stop and look.

Having said that, the A5 alone is probably enough to catch the eye!

(Julian P, I will post some pics asap, in the next couple of days).

Julian.P
26-05-2008, 06:56 PM
Thanks HotChip, A4 S-Line pics are scarce on the forum at the moment.

Samurai1466
26-05-2008, 08:06 PM
HotChip... Out of interest, when did you place your order for the S-Line?

HotChip
27-05-2008, 01:23 AM
From memory it was mid march, the second week after ordering opened for the S-Line.