PDA

View Full Version : Question window/locking problem

vw754
22-05-2008, 01:27 PM
Does anyone know if the window motor on the 2002 audi a4 also has control over the central locking?
The electric window motor has a unit attached to it and that unit gets connected by 4 plugs. Ive been told that needs changing but i need to make sure.

VAG-com found this fault : 01031-central locking key switch driver side Unlock 27-10 implausible signal-intermittent

Any ideas? when i unlock doors windows sometimes (95% of the time) come down aswell. All else works fine.

Yesterday i locked the car and left it in a car park,when i got back 35 minutes later windows were open!

kenney
22-05-2008, 03:31 PM
Hi The door control unit is integrated into window lifter motor,but your fault is in the door lock

vw754
22-05-2008, 03:55 PM
Hi The door control unit is integrated into window lifter motor,but your fault is in the door lock
so what part do i need,i dont understand,ive never use the key ive always used the remote to lock/unlock

kenney
22-05-2008, 04:32 PM
The key switch is integrated in the central locking lock unit, drivers door,so i would say you need a new lock.With the right equipement you can check it, although the fault is intermittent,and may not show up

Turbokiisseli
23-05-2008, 08:05 AM
It could also be a broken connector or a stripped wire at the lock. Check these before replacing the entire door lock.