PDA

View Full Version : Nightmare day Audi A4 advant

jasonb
21-05-2008, 09:16 PM
Can anyone help please ???

Today my car went to Audi as the window wipers stopped working and have a funny noise when in gear.:zx11:
Had a new wiper rack and a new alternator tensioner only to be told that there is something wrong with my air con and this is what the noise is.
I have been told that there is a clutch in the air con or something and it is breaking down. Priced up a new one £600 OMG.

Can I buy a recon part or get this part reconditioned as the fella told me wont do the car any harm but it will eventually break down would this also mean I would have no heating in my car as I never use the air con.
:aargh4::aargh4::aargh4:

rhencullen1989
21-05-2008, 09:24 PM
Pretty sure you can get a "short belt" and completely by pass the aircon compressor. This would eliminate any problems with the compressor and as you say you don't use the aircon anyway.

bez101
22-05-2008, 12:55 PM
as above use a short belt or look in a breakers or fleabay you will still have your heat

jasonb
22-05-2008, 07:15 PM
Thank you
Spoke to the Audi man today and he agrees with the short belt or recon compressor but he is not sure what belt has anyone done this and know what belt to get.

THANK YOU ALL VERY MUCH FOR YOUR HELP

bez101
22-05-2008, 07:18 PM
no idea on size but get a piece of string and loop it round where it wants to go and measure it thats the way i measure things like that then a good parts store will order you one in

Turbokiisseli
23-05-2008, 08:04 AM
BTW, what engine do you have in your car? At least with the 1.9TDIs there's a separate v-belt for the AC compressor aside from the multirib belt that runs the alternator, etc. so you don't need a belt for the AC at all if you don't want to use the AC.

rhencullen1989
24-05-2008, 06:09 PM
Agree with above, my 1.8T 20 valve has a seperate belt for the aircon comp. Makes an easy job of just removing the belt!:biglaugh: