PDA

View Full Version : Question Tickover

Mike'A
21-05-2008, 08:04 PM
Hi, has anyone experienced tickover revs sticking at around 1000 when coming to rest? The '03 130 PD TDI has done this several times and lasts for seconds only. Is there a throttle linkage on this model that could do with some precise lubrication or is it all electrical? A recent service showed nothing on the PC. Its always happened within 15 minutes of a cold start. I would appreciate any input into this niggling problem.

Mike

snapdragon
21-05-2008, 08:28 PM
No, there is no throttle or linkage, there is a position sensor on the pedal and a corresponding output from the ECU to the diesel injection system.

My car does this if I accelerate while the brake is slightly depressed at the same time, such as when parking while wearing huge clown shoes. The revs stay on for several seconds even when no pedals are touched, and slowly dies down. Check your brake pedal switch is operating correctly and you aren't catching the brake with the side of your shoe or something.

Mike'A
21-05-2008, 09:29 PM
Hi Snapdrgon, Interesting, I'll have to evaluate my driving technique, I too wear large steel toe caps to and from work, thinking about this I inch forward in traffic resting my right foot on the foot brake pedal, I could be catching my foot on the excelorator, we'll see. Many thanks.

Mike