PDA

View Full Version : FOG LIGHTS PROBLEM ???????

tattersfield
23-03-2005, 09:59 PM
Hi, I have an 1991 80se and there seems to be a possible problem with my rear fog light, which is , it only seems to work when my front fog lights are switched on, Is this usual or not? Many thanks David.

stuart
23-03-2005, 10:36 PM
Hi, I have an 1991 80se and there seems to be a possible problem with my rear fog light, which is , it only seems to work when my front fog lights are switched on, Is this usual or not? Many thanks David.

Hi,

This does sound normal to me, but I will confirm this for you;)

I do know that cars like the MK3 Golf, A3, Seat Leon (like mine), you have the option of pulling the light switch to the first position, which is Front Fog lights only, then to the second "stop", which is both front and rear.

I will speak to a VAG garage I know on Thursday and confirm this is the case with your car, but it does sound OK;)

Thanks

Stuart

tattersfield
23-03-2005, 11:22 PM
Hope it is, as the guy that did my mot failed it on fog light not working. Cheers. David.

stuart
24-03-2005, 03:28 PM
Hi,

I have had a chat with a pal of mine, and we seem to think that it does work how I have already said :) so you should have fronts on OR both.

What have they failed it for? not working, or the way they operate? if it is for "not working", then I blelive the law is that if they are fitted, they must work, but if it is for the way they operate, I would look further into it.

Hope this helps

Stuart

tattersfield
24-03-2005, 04:44 PM
He failed it for not working, fullstop, I tried it when i got home and found that it was working in the way that i said. Its booked in for its re-test on Thursday so I can point it out to him, and take it from there. Thanks for your time and effort. david.

stuart
24-03-2005, 04:48 PM
No problem. Here to help.

Stuart