PDA

View Full Version : colour coded bumbers and scratches

ma6783
02-01-2007, 02:09 PM
sorry..me again..lol
Audi a4
I got a few scratches on the bumper of my silver audi....will a spray fix the job and cover the scratches..???

Also wanted to change the colour of the skirting on the doors to silver (they are black at the Moment)...How wud i go about changing that.??

Thanx again..
(gosh u guyz are wiked man...lol)

:Blush:
Mo

RickT
02-01-2007, 06:12 PM
hi... if you got one of the late B6's they come with the trim painted... i had to buy some trims after someone drove into me in a car park and drove off and while i was Audi i asked is there different trims if its painted and the answer is no.. all you need to do is get the trims painted.... ENSURE they use flexi paint for plastic though!!

also you will never get a perfect match from body work to trim...

You have 2 options... spray the bits while on the car or remove them spray and then refitt... (however when removing they do tend to brake)

Please see the below post which i replied back to a while back..

All….

The reason why the paint is a different colour is due to one been on Metal and the other on Plastic..
This is because a special process has to be used when painting modern plastic components and this involves using a flexi-aid and additives in the paint to prevent it cracking when the part bends.
This results from the paint appearing a different shade.. This is like this on every audi… Silver / Blue / Red are the colours you can notice this the most on… on the back wings to the bumpers…
If you take a trip to your local audi garage and have a look you will see..

Rickt

ma6783
03-01-2007, 11:11 PM
where can i get the paint from...or the spray....Halfords.?? or most auto shops.......??

thanx again
Mo

auiron
04-01-2007, 12:06 AM
where can i get the paint from...or the spray....Halfords.?? or most auto shops.......??

thanx again
Mo

Hi, You can get paint on ebay under, audi-paint.

RickT
04-01-2007, 12:22 AM
you can do....... however.. i would not recommend spraying it from a can.....

You need to get the paint from a tin and use a paint gun via a compresser to get a good finish...

Have you ever sprayed before???? if not... i would not even attempt it...

http://www.moparmusclemagazine.com/techarticles/mopp_0612_how_to_paint_a_car/index.html

RicKT