PDA

View Full Version : Headlamp Warning sounder

cronic
02-01-2007, 12:27 PM
I have just noticed...after leaving my A6 2002 1.9tdi headlights on overnight...that the warning noise that comes on when you get out of the car with your lights on has dissapeared...i assume its the same thing that sounds on engine check at start up as thats also stopped...? any ideas where this part is located....which fuse it uses...so i can check...?

gazza57
02-01-2007, 01:35 PM
I have a 2001 A6 which has had the same symptoms, this proved to be a faulty microswitch which is fitted to the drivers' door latch.
When you first open the door, not only should your interior light come on , but the display for the odometer and the clock should illuminate if any of these are missing then it's a good bet it's the microswitch in the drivers door.
It's also this switch which tells the system that you've opened your drivers door with the lights on, so it may be this switch thats at fault you of course have to have the key out of the ignition first.
Hope this helps
Gazza57

RickT
02-01-2007, 06:13 PM
thats right... try the aboe and report back

Cheers

RicKT

cronic
03-01-2007, 09:44 AM
only thing is...that the interior lights etc work fine on opening the drivers door...!

the engine check routine and low fuel level alarms have dissapeard...you normally get an annoying beep when the fuel gets low and when you first place the key the ignition a turn on (not start)...this has gone as well as the alarm noise for the headlights on door open warning...!

so i'm not sure its door microswitch...so i really wanted to locate and check 'warning alarm'...!?

Martin6619
12-01-2007, 06:27 PM
I am having a problem withe the buzzer for headlamps when left on and the lights under all but one door are out when opened . Is this a connected problem?:confused:

adamss24
12-01-2007, 07:10 PM
only thing is...that the interior lights etc work fine on opening the drivers door...!

the engine check routine and low fuel level alarms have dissapeard...you normally get an annoying beep when the fuel gets low and when you first place the key the ignition a turn on (not start)...this has gone as well as the alarm noise for the headlights on door open warning...!

so i'm not sure its door microswitch...so i really wanted to locate and check 'warning alarm'...!?
The"buzzer" its soldered on the instruments printed circuit board and to access it, the clocks will need removing. I suggest have someone with a vag com scan for diagnostic/fault codes, as something its wrong there ! Going to dealer will result in replacing the entire dash instruments and they will need codding,because the clocks contains the immobiliser and needs to be matched to your car's engine and keys.

cronic
15-01-2007, 02:56 PM
The"buzzer" its soldered on the instruments printed circuit board and to access it, the clocks will need removing. I suggest have someone with a vag com scan for diagnostic/fault codes, as something its wrong there ! Going to dealer will result in replacing the entire dash instruments and they will need codding,because the clocks contains the immobiliser and needs to be matched to your car's engine and keys.

Oh happy dayz...! i had a distinct feeling this would result in an expensive problem to fix...!!

i have a non-audi warranty which will cover parts but the labour hourly rate at an audi dealer will be far more than the £40 per Hour cover i have with olympic...! i have since noticed that the rev counter is doing some funny shizz on start up...seems to be o.k after a couple of seconds...!

i hope the A6 2002 model years do not have the same problems associated with the cluster (electrical) issues found on the TT's...? those TT's made it onto BBC's watch dog....does anybody know if the A6 now has similar cluster warranty issue coverage..???