PDA

View Full Version : Question A4 2.0 TDI Engine Chip

djlucas
20-05-2008, 10:12 AM
Hi,

Got a late 2005 A4 2.0 TDI S-Line Avant, a mechanic friend of mine, well friend of a friend actually has recommended that I have it chipped, especially as the Audi warranty is nearly up. He said the standard engines can be a bit thirsty compared with the old 1.9 TDi units so a chip will improve power, torque, mpg and throttle response...can anyone point me in the right direction, I've heard good things about a place in Wolverhampton? I'm near Stoke so not too far of a drive would be good!

Cheers.:beerchug:

shamm
27-05-2008, 06:29 PM
i had mine done from chipped uk in bromsgrove and it improved all the things you mentioned.
i went on a group buy day so it worked out a bargin.

might be worth mentioning in there section and see if there is another group day anytime soon as it will be cheaper this way or just get a price.

John@DNA
27-05-2008, 07:20 PM
Hi,

Got a late 2005 A4 2.0 TDI S-Line Avant, a mechanic friend of mine, well friend of a friend actually has recommended that I have it chipped, especially as the Audi warranty is nearly up. He said the standard engines can be a bit thirsty compared with the old 1.9 TDi units so a chip will improve power, torque, mpg and throttle response...can anyone point me in the right direction, I've heard good things about a place in Wolverhampton? I'm near Stoke so not too far of a drive would be good!

Cheers.:beerchug:

It all depends on how you remap these. You can't 'chip' these they need remapping via either OBD or with BDM. The newer ECU's contain data in three areas rather than just the one that was covered by the internal checksum on the earlier ECU's. If you want throttle response improving you need to make sure the tuner is editing the 16 bit 8x16 throttle maps on these and not just fuel and boost etc

VanWheeler
29-05-2008, 11:09 AM
We've seen these go up as high as 190hp and 300lb/ft after a few mile have been put on them.

You might want to consider the ST3 group buy too (see my sig for details)

Thanks, Mark

John@DNA
30-05-2008, 01:23 PM
We've seen these go up as high as 190hp and 300lb/ft after a few mile have been put on them.

You might want to consider the ST3 group buy too (see my sig for details)

Thanks, Mark

They should do that straight away from those I've seen, the 3.0TDI's have more of a tendency to require adaption than the 2.0TDI's for some reason